[/idgames] Ciudad Empresarial - A vanilla map inspired by A.L.T.'s city maps

Ah, the STRAIN Class II Imp and "Minister of Hate" baby Cybies, cool to see classic DeHackEd monsters in modern releases! Love that sky btw, and A.L.T. was a really cool megawad with surprisingly modern flair for having been released in 2012.

Edited by Lila Feuer

5 hours ago, s4f3s3x said:

I am a big fan of your maps @Cacodemon187, this one didn't disappoint! Very bastard level, but very nice : )

Thank you!! Glad you liked it :)

13 hours ago, Lila Feuer said:

Ah, the STRAIN Class II Imp and "Minister of Hate" baby Cybies, cool to see classic DeHackEd monsters in modern releases! Love that sky btw, and A.L.T. was a really cool megawad with surprisingly modern flair for having been released in 2012.

The STRAIN bestiary is top tier, and I love A.L.T.'s atmosphere more than anything. The design (both visually and combat-wise) feels very 2000's, but I didn't mind. Really cool and weird set of levels!

4 hours ago, Aeddes666 said:

Muito bom!

Thanks for the playthrough video :)

14 hours ago, Lila Feuer said:

A.L.T. was a really cool megawad with surprisingly modern flair for having been released in 2012.

I hadn't thought about it quite that way before, but it did foresee (or maybe inspire) a lot of people embracing intense, melancholy surrealist Doomweird later on, and the general mentality of "fuck the rules" that a lot of people have adopted to bring that about (although I think a lot of what worked about ALT is that it wasn't actively trying to fuck the rules, it just wasn't that interested in them -- a fine line to tread, to be sure).

@Cacodemon187, anything channeling ALT is going to be a hit with me. I enjoyed this map and Viaje a lot. It doesn't matter much, but the mini-Cyber's hitbox might be a tiny bit smaller than it feels like it should be?

2 hours ago, Not Jabba said:

@Cacodemon187, anything channeling ALT is going to be a hit with me. I enjoyed this map and Viaje a lot. It doesn't matter much, but the mini-Cyber's hitbox might be a tiny bit smaller than it feels like it should be?

Ooh you're right, the baby cybie's hitbox is 32 units square, when it should be 40 units instead. I'll fix that for the /idgames release. Thank you!

• 2 weeks later...