[MBF21] "Gift For Dron12261" (A Collective Megawad)

It's great to see that community admires you enough to create a megawad dedicated to your person. Not many Doom mod makers can brag about this.

4 minutes ago, Dexiaz said:

It's great to see that community admires you enough to create a megawad dedicated to your person. Not many Doom mod makers can brag about this.

Eh, I'll have to make a megawad in return. Although, maybe in half a month will be the release of the second set of Russian Random Speedmap Pack, where the maps will be much more interesting)

18 minutes ago, Dexiaz said:

Indeed, that's pretty wholesome.

Can you pop in a direct link to googledrive? Why in the world is there a redirect in there? It gets flagged as malicious by like every security extension in my browser. 0_0

9 minutes ago, eharper256 said:

Can you pop in a direct link to googledrive? Why in the world is there a redirect in there? It gets flagged as malicious by like every security extension in my browser. 0_0

My bad, I literally took the link from the one in the doomer boards. If you have any more problems with it, write me and I'll reupload it to my cloud.

Now fixed

UPD:
As far as I understood, I copied the link directly from the doomer boards post, the link itself there was to google drive, but it was doomer boards that added some more redirection. It's a strange thing. I'll keep it in mind now.

Edited by DRON12261

Fun map set, quick and action-filled maps to blast through.

Some maps felt like 90s shovelware, while others really took the Dead Simple concept and turned it into a modern-day arena-shooter

That was so sweet of your bro to do this!

I'm someone who tends to sneer when something gets described as a Dead Simple clone (most Map 07s don't even bother with the 666 tag anymore) but it's safe to say that while the basic format remains the same, the way it's implemented is entirely another matter. Some display the surrealism inherent in many of the older Russian maps, others (like 01), serve to completely flip expectations on one's head! Nicely diverse set of maps!

Up to map06, a bunch of maps utilizing the original map07 formula didn't initially sound very enticing, but you lot have hooked me into a full playthrough with map01.

There's still some bugs running this in dsda unfortunately

Spoiler

These enemies aren't functioning properly

doom00.png.882eaae0cbf5e803c699be9b2a10cedc.png

Just did download the latest version of dsda, 27.5 before playing.

9 hours ago, TeK (⌐■_■) said:

There's still some bugs running this in dsda unfortunately

Seems like there's been misunderstanding during release about complevels, you should use complevel 21 and not 9 like "Boom" in the title implies.

Yes, ViolentBeetle is right. I just checked the wad with complevel 9 and those enemies really stop shooting at me, lol.

Sorry for this misunderstanding ^^

Hope you're enjoying our wad 

Well I continued on in the correct complevel and beat this over the weekend, great work from all. Making a little megawad around a bunch of map07 nonsense actually fun and enjoyable is impressive.

Spoiler

And the Saw level was certainly unique and totally out of the blue.