Amalgoom: Mixing Doom and Doom 2 [Special announcement on page 8!]

Posted (edited)

And since the topic has been bumped, might as well give everyone a heads up on how the project is going.

Our project is nearing its end (for real this time!). We have received 30 of the 32 maps. The remaining maps are 14 and 15, and they are being created. We are not going to put any type of deadline, but I'm thinking that we will probably finish it in 2 to 3 months tops. They are very hard combinations to get right, since the maps that compose them are absolutely different in atmosphere and progression. I expect us to finish the last two maps in one month or so, pack everything up and start the last phase of testing, where we will check for bugs, problems and other little intricacies that always pop up in the last moment.

From then on, we will announce our RC1 in a separate topic on DoomWorld and wait for people to give us their reviews and feedbacks. We will correct everything accordingly and hopefully have an idgames release. After that, the server that we have used for the project will become a general purpose server with a focus on developing and hosting other projects. We already have 59 members, and I'm really happy about it!

Edited by DoomGappy

22 minutes ago, DoomGappy said:

And since the topic has been bumped, might as well give everyone a heads up on how the project is going.

Our project is nearing its end (for real this time!). We have received 30 of the 32 maps. The remaining maps are 14 and 15, and they are being created. We are not going to put any type of deadline, but I'm thinking that we will probably finish it in 2 to 3 months tops. They are very hard combinations to get right, since the maps that compose them are absolutely different in atmosphere and progression. I expect us to finish the last two maps in one month or so, pack everything up and start the last phase of testing, where we will check for bugs, problems and other little intricacies that always pop up in the last moment.

From then on, we will announce our RC1 in a separate topic on DoomWorld and wait for people to give us their reviews and feedbacks. We will correct everything accordingly and hopefully have an idgames release. After that, the server that we have used for the project will become a general purpose server with a focus on developing and hosting other projects. We already have 59 members, and I'm really happy about it!

Grungo wishes many fortune, and hope cacoaward

Just now, Grungo said:

Grungo wishes many fortune, and hope cacoaward

Having all these magnificent artists in this project is already the best award we could ever have. And I mean that from my heart

Posted (edited)

Man, I know that I'm a little late, and I barely contributed to this project because I only made a few MIDIs for it, I'm honored to have been a part of this because of those artists mentioned before...

Edited by wumbo