[DONE] DOOMIUM II: A Community Project focusing on Short and Frantic Maps (BOOM+UMAPINFO)

4 hours ago, dmh094 said:

When did you need it?

Soon of cource, the deadline is over for a long time

Dropping in to say I'm still going to finish the final area of Map14, just that it will be delayed a bit again because of a sudden family emergency. Will try to work on it today.

Very close to having a solid beta of Map23. I might finish tonight. Currently working on the secret exit. Still a lot of detailing I'd like to do, but I reckon we should see if the map's accepted first. ;) I haven't played the current version yet, so I don't know how long it takes. I'm a slow player, tho, so we shouldn't use me to set the standard. I advise getting someone who's actually good at playing Doom. ;D There's 329 monsters on UV -- and climbing a teency bit -- so that's a lot of critters to kill, but they come in hordes once you reach the arena. I can always reduce the monster count if that's necessary to meet the time constraint.

2 hours ago, JackDBS said:

E2SECRET: Swim With The Siege Cow

Author: JackDBS

MIDI: Ryu Umemoto - Diary II [from EVE Burst Error]

PAR TIME: 3:30 (UV-MAX)

DMIUM_E2_SECRET.zip

There's a unpegged texture for the door

it's really bare bone, but well can't complain much I suppose

@SpaceCat_2001

Might be im blind, but I 99% sure you haven't say anything for a while now, and you haven't had a word on the progress of your maps

If you didn't comment anything in 3 days I'll empty out your slot and assume you slient-quitted (for some reason). 

this is your final mention as I alreay did several times.

I've been at an extremely low point because of what I mentioned above. So I have had zero motivation for anything Doom related, but the family member i'm worried about is recovering well now. Just wanted to reiterate this, I'm not silent quitting. I'll have Map14 finished very soon now that I'm feeling better.

Just want to report that I'm done and I'll be uploading tomorrow. Finally. ;D

Here's MAP29, @fai1025

Map Slot: Episode VI, MAP 29

Map Title: "Chamber of the Damned"

Author: Pottus, with stochastic

MIDI: "The Pervert" by Masaharu Iwata from Final Fantasy Tactics, sequenced by Jeff Copperthite - used in Sunlust

Download: DMIUM2_E6_MAP29(RC1).zip

Description: Enter the void of damnation: the chamber of the damned.

Par Time: 12 minutes. A large map with a high monster count, but they drop pretty quickly.

Screenshot:

doom109.png.3331b66b6b309542f674073166d51c52.png

Nice-looking screenshot, @stochastic

Ma23, at last @fai1025

Map Slot: Episode V, Map23

Map Name: Razzleberry Dressing

Author: Steve D

MIDI: Airborne by Varis Alpha (Petriform Cover)

Par Time: ???? Takes me 21 minutes on UV, but as I've said, I'm a slow player. I could probably cut at least 3 minutes by reducing the count of one monster in the arena, but I thought you should try the current full version and see what your time is. Also, you can decide if it gets sloggy at any point, which is something I felt. I can reduce the monster count as necessary to fit the time.

Download: Razzleberry Dressing

FYI: The title comes from Mr. Magoo's Christmas Carol. Tiny Tim was obsessed with razzleberry dressing, and I thought the name was fitting for the pink liquid theme.

d0DWWJ4.jpg

Yay, we're almost finished.

Also, all these traitors who quit the project without submitting a map should be publically ostracized and forbidden from participating in any community projects for the rest of time!! >:(

9 minutes ago, Steve D said:

Nice-looking screenshot, @stochastic

Hey, thanks! But I can't take credit for it. It's really @Pottus's map - they designed the whole thing. I really just added some detailing here and there and designed the combat. The visuals are all Pottus!

Your screenshot looks sick, by the way. When I'm fresh tomorrow, I'll be excited to play through your map and let you know how long it takes me. My MAP17 submission is a bit on the long side too, so I likely will need to trim some fat.

Thanks for the info, @stochastic, and cheers to @Pottus for their great work! I look forward to playing it because I sense some cool atmosphere. 

Here's hoping you get a much better time in my map than I did. ;)

5 hours ago, Li'l devil said:

Also, all these traitors who quit the project without submitting a map should be publically ostracized and forbidden from participating in any community projects for the rest of time!! >:(

>:)))

I shall make a list of these "traitors" on the release thread (if I let my intrusive thoughts won)

Hey there! Just notifying you I had NOT silent quitted and I am still working on my MAP20. I just couldn't work on it consistently because of other priorities, so thats why its taking so long, but now my current focus is to finish this so I don't bottleneck the development.

By the way, these maps by folks above me are looking really great :)

Alright guys great works, we have 8 maps left and then I can start compiling the whole wad :)

I think it's worth summarising what is left to do in the project so that people following have a clear perspective:

All maps are done, except:

- Bochnik Chleba's map is almost finished, hopefully it'll be released soon.

- knifeworld almost finished their map, but is currently unable to work on it due to RL issues, but hopefully it's not for very long.

- Heretic's map's layout is done, but they have trouble with monster placement and asked someone else to finish it, so hopefully it'll soon be done.

- dmh094 got their map slot pretty late and promised to make the map quickly. Hopefully, they're working on it. Hopefully!!!

- PasokonDeacon's map is in unknown state. Update pls?

- Same with Hydrus's map. Is it being worked on?

- Spacecat 2001 pretty much silently quitted the project. No updates, and doesn't respond to fai. That means 2 slots are practically open.

So that means we have 3 maps that are almost done, 3 maps in unknown state, and 2 empty slots. That means if you're reading this and you haven't participated yet, or you already made a map and want the project to get done quicker, you can lend your helping hand!

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, Li'l devil said:

- Spacecat 2001 pretty much silently quitted the project. No updates, and doesn't respond to fai. That means 2 slots are practically open.

After @fai1025's post giving Spacecat 3 days to respond, I coordinated with fai to take over MAP15. I'm 75% finished with it. Here's a progress screenshot:

doom133.png.b5c36897ce6102d9a8cc1ddba41bca2f.png

Edited by stochastic

Posted (edited)

They just posted something in the discord.

Edited by Raith138

9 hours ago, Li'l devil said:

- Same with Hydrus's map. Is it being worked on?

Don't worry, my map's being worked on. I've already done most of the layout.

Yes, this picture shows a techbase, but it's only the starting area of the actual level.

Screenshot 2024-04-06 234425.png

Layout and most of the detailing/lighting for Map 15 is done. Gonna spend the rest of the week fine-tuning the combat. It's on the longer side of the par time requirements, so trying to trim some fat.

Calling this evil thing "Netherheaven" \m/

MAP15.PNG.5dae5d289c20c280d7799674bd302675.PNG

On 4/6/2024 at 7:28 PM, Li'l devil said:

- knifeworld almost finished their map, but is currently unable to work on it due to RL issues, but hopefully it's not for very long.

Yep, spot on.

I've been at an extremely low point because of what I mentioned above. So I have had zero motivation for anything Doom related, but the family member i'm worried about is recovering well now. Just wanted to reiterate this, I'm not silent quitting. I'll have Map14 finished very soon now that I'm feeling better.

Good news, the infection she had has finally gone and she's recovered fully. The doctors let her out too early on the 3rd so she had to stay again for longer, but it worked out in the end!

I'm just gonna make the final hallway of the finale room into the exit now, tbh, since these are meant to be short maps after all.

12 hours ago, stochastic said:

Layout and most of the detailing/lighting for Map 15 is done. Gonna spend the rest of the week fine-tuning the combat. It's on the longer side of the par time requirements, so trying to trim some fat.

Calling this evil thing "Netherheaven" \m/

MAP15.PNG.5dae5d289c20c280d7799674bd302675.PNG

I thought I used excessive vert's at times but this is just overkill! More than 50 percent of those verts would make no difference lol. 

19 minutes ago, Pottus said:

I thought I used excessive vert's at times but this is just overkill! More than 50 percent of those verts would make no difference lol. 

By verts you mean vertices, right? Yeah, I went wild with the curve tool on this one. Will probably try to trim down some extraneous vertices before submitting.

16 minutes ago, stochastic said:

By verts you mean vertices, right? Yeah, I went wild with the curve tool on this one. Will probably try to trim down some extraneous vertices before submitting.

Yeah there is straight lines with 10 verts :)