[DONE] DOOMIUM II: A Community Project focusing on Short and Frantic Maps (BOOM+UMAPINFO)

On 3/12/2024 at 4:07 PM, fai1025 said:

@EagerBeaver @Beubeu @knifeworld @MFG38 @russin @Heretic926 @JackDBS@stochastic @Bochnik Chleba @Logamuffin @Steve D @PasokonDeacon @Kuro_mahoh @JacaCaca @Pottus @Super Mighty G @NiGHTS108 @spineapple tea @DankMetal @dmh094

people mentioned in above list haven't submitted yet, if you're quitting better tell me now, because the deadline is closing in. 

just a friendly reminder :)

also i need to make the credit map, so i need a finalised list of names.

Almost done with mine, just need a few more details and balancing then it's ready to ship.

Posted (edited)

Okay so, here is a first upload of my map! I think its pretty complete, but if any bugs or anything are found, let me know! 

Name: Epitaph

MIDI: Terror Firma - Lippeth 

Par Time: 10:00

DMIUM2_E5_MAP27RC2.zip

Edited by dmh094

Posted (edited)

90% done with E1 Secret Level!
Just need to choose a MIDI, balance some of the combat, and fix a couple of visual bugs.

WRDWzhI.png

Spoiler

OOpXDj7.png

40SOW6A.png

BlzX9J1.png

Edited by knifeworld
fixed goofy screenshot spacing

Posted (edited)

Almost finished with Map 17 titled "Spectropolis" - just additional playtesting, some minor detailing, and clean up remains. On track to meet the deadline.

Here's the super colorful "cyberspace" fight arena:

doom100.png.3a80c70d75b50aba10bf845bf71346fc.png

Edited by stochastic

22 hours ago, knifeworld said:

90% done with E1 Secret Level!
Just need to choose a MIDI, balance some of the combat, and fix a couple of visual bugs.

Looks absolutely amazing! Would love to play through it once it's finished.
I have two suggestions for MIDIs, I guess..? All I could think of right now. :P

Posted (edited)

Map04

Name : The Golden way 

Music : Fortress 2 Blue - Stage00011.mid [Welcome To Skull`s Hell]

Par Time :  13:00 (UV-max)

Link : https://drive.google.com/file/d/1zmeeNYSO85kX4j1DPRx_dVZAUmmgFMOc/view?usp=sharing

Comment : I would really like to have feedback about this one, I'm afraid to pushing things to far for a map04

Screenshots

429060607_BaseProfileScreenshot2024_02.27-13_31_52_50.png.29d2c27d3ba9943e23ee4b66c0a8aabe.png354252283_BaseProfileScreenshot2024_02.27-13_30_58_93.png.2c69c3b361d8e9769083092dcefc5264.png

Edited by Beubeu

MAP16

Name: Colors

MIDI: Trapeze by Stewboy (Ancient Aliens OST)

Comment: Due to being the first in the episode it goes up to SSG but no higher. (Other then a secret)

DOOMIUM16.zip

Posted (edited)
5 hours ago, Beubeu said:

It cost me 23 min but that's just me being an idiot and can't find door and switch that's just being in front of me.

Overall I would say it's the best map I played so far, the best looking one at least, but I think it's a bit too overboard in difficulty for map04, and I played it on HMP, perhaps reduce or downgrade number of chaingunner and revenent, otherwise it's fine since it's kinda the finale before the finale for EP1

Edited by fai1025

54 minutes ago, fai1025 said:

It cost me 23 min but that's just me being an idiot and can't find door and switch that's just being in front of me.

Overall I would say it's the best map I played so far, the best looking one at least, but I think it's a bit too overboard in difficulty for map04, and I played it on HMP, perhaps reduce or downgrade number of chaingunner and revenent, otherwise it's fine since it's kinda the finale before the finale for EP1

Realy great to read that ! Thank you !

The map is not balance yet for normal diffculties, i will arrange that

On 3/12/2024 at 9:07 PM, fai1025 said:

@EagerBeaver @Beubeu @knifeworld @MFG38 @russin @Heretic926 @JackDBS@stochastic @Bochnik Chleba @Logamuffin @Steve D @PasokonDeacon @Kuro_mahoh @JacaCaca @Pottus @Super Mighty G @NiGHTS108 @spineapple tea @DankMetal @dmh094

people mentioned in above list haven't submitted yet, if you're quitting better tell me now, because the deadline is closing in. 

I'm really sorry, I think I'm gonna have to quit, I did think I could do it, but I tragically hit a bit of a burnout in the last few weeks, and I think it would be better to have my slot go to someone else rather than me just forcing out something I wouldn't be proud of, sorry, best of luck

You had me at OTEX.

I bet I can cook up something pretty cool for this project. Hopefully I can do it quick enough to not delay the project too much.

So one MAP12 slot, please.

1 hour ago, Hydrus said:

You had me at OTEX.

I bet I can cook up something pretty cool for this project. Hopefully I can do it quick enough to not delay the project too much.

So one MAP12 slot, please.

welcome, keep in mind that you need a secret exit for your map, I'm sorry but you can't decline that now

22 hours ago, Enzo Carozza said:

Looks absolutely amazing! Would love to play through it once it's finished.
I have two suggestions for MIDIs, I guess..? All I could think of right now. :P

Thanks!! I've finished the balancing and whatnow earlier. So go nuts, and let me know if you see anything borked, ofc!
BTW, I assume you modified the Green Orange MIDI?, I love it, but I think it might be too short, and the fade out leaves a couple of seconds of silence. But I'm using it to see if it grows on me during more playtesting for lower difficulties, atm.

With that said, here's the map:

Map Name: Orbital Spawning Platform Omega
MIDI: grnorange.mid by Edwin van Veldhoven (modified by Enzo Carozza?) (using as a placeholder MIDI because I'm not sure it's long enough for the map)

Map download: DMIUM2_E1_SECRET_RC1_-_KW.zip

Difficulty levels: Yes!
Coop and DM starts: Yes (not tested)
Ports tested: dsda-doom 0.27.5
Comments: Goddamn I fuckin' love orange circuits.
IIZ6DoV.png

Posted (edited)
3 minutes ago, knifeworld said:

BTW, I assume you modified the Green Orange MIDI?

I didn't do the fadeout, that's there in Edwin's original file: here's a version with the fadeout removed by me.
grnornge.zip

Edited by Enzo Carozza

1 minute ago, Enzo Carozza said:

I didn't do the fadeout, that's there in Edwin's original file: here's a version with fixed looping. (removed fadeout and trimmed silence)
grnornge.zip

Nice! I'll try this one out. If I still think it's too short I'll have to find something else, though.

@fai1025 Btw, I haven't forgotten about finishing MAP14, I'm not abandoning it. However, it might be slightly delayed due to burnout and stress, sorry!

6 minutes ago, knifeworld said:

Nice! I'll try this one out. If I still think it's too short I'll have to find something else, though.

Yeah, that was just a quick thought without any reasoning, not actually focusing on the map length.
Though the map uses green and orange as its colour scheme it seems, so maybe the title could also reference the map in a way, heh.

Just now, Li'l devil said:

You're posting in this thread so much that I think we should make you do a map for this project. You're just asking for it!

Oh lord no, I haven't mapped before and I don't think I'd have the patience to.

1 hour ago, Enzo Carozza said:

Oh lord no, I haven't mapped before and I don't think I'd have the patience to.

Not having any patience is a virtue for a Doom mapper. Too many people get carried away with their maps. Doomium is about short & punchy maps, after all.

Posted (edited)

First version of my entry arrives!

Map name: Concrete Flow
Author: MFG38
Music: "Yaw" by Jimmy
Difficulty settings: Yes

Description: Gray and blue dominate in this semi-brutalistic quasi-industrial something. Grab the three keys
and then run to the exit. This map is kind of all over the place, I just wanted to get a draft of sorts
submitted by the deadline. I'll spruce up the visuals and gameplay in a later update.

dmium2_e2_map06_rc1.zip

Edited by MFG38

My apologies for taking so long to say something. Lots of annoying IRL stuff has kept me away from the board . . . but not from my map! ;D That said, I won't have anything truly "finished" later today. Indeed, I'm grafting the end of another map onto what I already have just to have a big arena fight in time for the deadline.

I went heavily for the mountain theme, so almost the entire map takes place outside. Here's a couple shots;

XJiPHrq.jpg

9PatcNx.jpg

In future updates, I hope to terrace the walls and add a lot more trees, but for today I need to re-texture the arena and try to balance the fights.

On 3/12/2024 at 2:07 PM, fai1025 said:

Map should be done soon.

54 minutes ago, Kuro_mahoh said:

Hi

I think you forgot to post the actual map. :P

10 minutes ago, MFG38 said:

I think you forgot to post the actual map. :P

That took me way too long to realize, sometimes I question my brain. 

It's there now