[DOOM 64] Beta 64 Remastered RC V1.0 Now Available !

Thanks !

In retrospect it was obvious, but I did not think the initial jump on that platform was possible so did not even try it.

In that level, the room with the crusher pillars is very punishing with the safe area in-between the crushers super narrow and I died there countless times. A bit frustrating.

Edited by bobbie424242

in the next update I reworked a lot of sector color on certain maps like adding shadow effects etc.

here are examples of sector colors improvement on certain maps

qkMDblc.jpg

Z1h7Quw.jpg

Fop5BV7.jpg

tOFJSel.jpg

yw3LHSP.jpg

pmJSAUp.jpg

di5bMFH.jpg

On 1/8/2024 at 11:12 PM, DrRock said:

Another thing for first time players: Make sure to find the secret exit in MAP12 that takes you to the secret MAP31. Don't spoil yourself on what awaits you there and go in blind, it'll be worth it.

Confirming, as I just completed it :)

Edited by bobbie424242

• 1 month later...

I finally completed the Beta64 campaign in "I own Doom!" difficulty over multiple scattered sessions of 1-3 maps and had great fun with it!

Highly recommended to all Doom 64 fans. Though the lost souls might get on your nerve a bit.

Really enjoyed the classic map design and gameplay, not too over the top with difficulty.

I'm currently mid-way through the Altars of tech campaign and it is much more brutal!

Thanks to everyone involved making this awesome megawad.

Edited by bobbie424242

Started playing this today and am enjoying it quite a bit! The frequent scary ambushes are nice but the highlight is, naturally, Map 32 for its tendency towards suspense!

31 minutes ago, LadyMistDragon said:

Started playing this today and am enjoying it quite a bit! The frequent scary ambushes are nice but the highlight is, naturally, Map 32 for its tendency towards suspense!

hey I'm glad you like my work on my conversion of the original Beta64 to the remastered port it makes me happy, I apologize for not releasing the RC V1.1 update which will have a lot of improvement on the colors of sectors on certain maps for better level design, and some bug fixes that were reported to me, but for the moment I lack motivation and I have had a lot of problems in my private life, so for the moment I don't know when I will decide to resume my work on RC V1.1