❄️200 Line Christmas: Snowy Slaughter❄️ [MBF21 Megawad] - RC1.1

I made up a DSDACR lump that can be embedded in the WAD which will correct the light blue in the ex hud text to more accurately reflect the palette changes.  Feel free to try it out!

DSDACR.zip

Here's an update to the WAD!

None of the maps have been changed, it's mostly an update to add a new story and fix some minor things like textures and adding @Bytefyre's DSDACR lump.

I will say that this update does alter the maplist slightly with MAP10 and MAP11 switched, and also MAP15 and MAP16 also switched. Usually I wouldn't alter the maplist post release, but I was kinda sleep-deprived while trying to get the megawad on time, so I didn't fully get to judge the map order.

❄️ RC1.1 Download (GDrive) ❄️

RC1.1 changelog:

Spoiler
  • Swapped MAP10 and MAP11 order (maplist in OP updated)
  • Swapped MAP15 and MAP16 order (maplist in OP updated)
  • Added PAR time to MAP07
  • Added story text before MAP05, MAP12, and MAP15.
  • Added DSDACR lump (thanks @Bytefyre)
  • Fixed STONE1 textures... Mostly noticeable on MAP07

Edited by Arsinikk

Thanks again to the team for the experience, and to those authors who could watch, even if not all encounters were completed, heh.

"MAP17: Sliding' n Spamming" by tonytheparrot is also unplayable on GZDOOM. Everything slows down very much due to the large number of enemies.

Otherwise, I'm happy with MEGAWAD, even though it was very difficult to pass. But compared to "100 Lines Christmas", the sequel is more playable!

Edited by Blacklight

20 hours ago, Blacklight said:

"MAP17: Sliding' n Spamming" by tonytheparrot is also unplayable on GZDOOM. Everything slows down very much due to the large number of enemies.

Yeah I'd like to test it myself, but I'd assume with the amount of enemies GZDOOM may have some trouble. Does turning off dynamic lights help in any way? Because dynamic lights in GZDOOM tend to be very performance hungry.

20 hours ago, Blacklight said:

Otherwise, I'm happy with MEGAWAD, even though it was very difficult to pass. But compared to "100 Lines Christmas", the sequel is more playable!

I'm glad you enjoyed it! It is far tougher than "100 Line Christmas". Can you elaborate on what you mean by "the sequel is more playable"?

1 hour ago, Arsinikk said:

Yeah I'd like to test it myself, but I'd assume with the amount of enemies GZDOOM may have some trouble. Does turning off dynamic lights help in any way? Because dynamic lights in GZDOOM tend to be very performance hungry.

I just checked it out. Turned off Shadows and Dynamic Lighting, including Lights and Brightmaps. No, everything is also slowing down. And it works fine on Doom Retro.

1 hour ago, Arsinikk said:

I'm glad you enjoyed it! It is far tougher than "100 Line Christmas". Can you elaborate on what you mean by "the sequel is more playable"?

Because when I was playing "100 Line Christmas", it seemed to me... Strange... I praised the Good Design and the New Enemies. But in terms of Difficulty, it was chaotic that it could not immediately pass some Levels. There is more space in "200 Line Christmas", that the Difficulty has become normal and the Level Design has become better (Although MAP17 is what a tin! I'm even surprised that it hasn't replaced your MAP22).

But maybe I'm not a big fan of such Mini-Maps. Although I was going through the same "100 Line Massacre" and it came to me. Probably for this reason, I never touch on Speedmapping Maps.

Edited by Blacklight

Nice stuff! One of the most challenging Christmas WADs out there.

Starts out moderate and progressively descends into fun-first low inhibition puzzle/slaughter territory, something which I enjoyed a lot!