Did GZDoom get rid of savegames

In the previous version of GZDoom I was using, 4.8, the savegames were in a convenient folder called "save" in the GZDoom folder. This allowed for easy copy, pasting, and moving of the individual save files.

Now, I just "up"graded to 4.11, and after playing a bit of Eviternity II and making a few saves, I'm noticing there is no "save" folder in the GZDoom folder at all. So... did they "modernize" and integrate the savegames somewhere else, less convenient? Or is the folder just somewhere else now? How do I back up my saves now?

By default, gzdoom stuffs configurations and saves in your user dir/Documents/My Games/GZDoom now. If you upgraded and had an old configuration in the dir, it would have let you create a portable configuration like the older versions. Otherwise, if you want the old behavior back you can drop a blank gzdoom_portable.ini into your gzdoom directory (though you'll probably want to copy out your ini from that dir to keep settings)

Yeah, I checked that folder, and there are no savegames there. Just a configuration settings file. So... I'm still wondering where those 4 savegames are I made yesterday. I know they must exist, they appear when I load Eviternity...

Okay, found the answer to my own question. 

The savegames are being stored in:

C/Users/username/Saved Games/GZDoom/doom.id.doom2.commercial

They're still individual .zds files, so that's nice.