Replacing multi-patched texture

Fernito

Question

I'm trying to replace a multi-patched texture with a single-patched version of itself, but it's not working and I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong.

This I what I did:

1) Copy the TEXTUREx and PNAMES lumps from Doom2 and import the flattened out textures as graphic lumps.

image.png.da3614d0748af3039fc019cad7a0ac5e.png 

2) Add the patches to PNAMES and create the textures from them. I'm using the same names of the original textures because I want to override them:

image.png.a90897dfe6ff076f9c4d23ffb86e250e.png

3) Open the WAD with the editor so I can confirm that the new texture is indeed there and is overriding the original one (here I added some random stuff to the graphic just to make sure it was modified correctly):

image.png.3e17981663964406096844c77bfce855.png

Now, the problem is that the changes are not there once I actually play the WAD (I tried with DSDA-Doom and Crispy Doom, in case that's relevant). Any idea of what I'm doing wrong?

Edited by Fernito

5 answers to this question

Do the original texture names still exist in TEXTURE1? If so you should delete them.

Also just to check, you're adding the patches to PNAMES automatically with SLADE's menu entry to do so, right?

If that doesn't work you might have to post the wad.

Edited by plums

38 minutes ago, plums said:

Do the original texture names still exist in TEXTURE1? If so you should delete them.  

Yeah, I deleted the original entries already.

Also just to check, you're adding the patches to PNAMES automatically with SLADE's menu entry to do so, right?

Yes, that's eaxctly how I did it.

Edited by Fernito
Remove link

You have two TEXTURE1 entries. The first is the 20th lump and looks like the one you edited, the second is the 97th lump and looks like it's probably just the one from doom2.wad. Try deleting the 2nd one.