Snow Wave (idgames release)

Pushed project to idgames! If it will get through it, all important updates will go there from now on. 

Small update on the map that I started for this and failed to finish. Back in January I added it to a solo WAD I'm making that uses the same texture pack. I also split it into 2 maps because I felt it was too large for its own good. I hope to get that WAD finished by the end of the year, but my motivation is a very chaotic thing.

It's fine, since you're releasing it stand alone, you can take much time as you need (⁠◕⁠ᴗ⁠◕⁠✿⁠). My own backlog is big and wide. 

Seems, project was rejected from archives, but I looked at the duplicated entries from iwad and removed those. I hope it will be okay this time. Apologies for delay. 

• 3 weeks later...

cool but could you fix the image links in the op as they appear to be all dead

Congrats for the release 🥳

I'm realy happy to be a part of this incredible megawad 

I will fix missing pics and reupload project with updated credits file. Couldn't be me if I don't miss something, lol (⁠╯⁠°⁠□⁠°⁠)⁠╯⁠︵⁠ ⁠┻⁠━⁠┻

Updated op with missing pictures, they should work now as intended. I'll update credits.txt file later on. 

Hurray, thanks for organizing the project. I had fun taking part and great work everyone else with their submissions!

Sorry for not testing the whole project back when it was in beta, I had my attention split between a bunch  of other projects and I couldn't keep up with this one.

I am currently playing and enjoying the maps that others made for this project.  I'm also slowly compiling a list of issues that I've found so far (at this point I've played the first 7 maps). I'm wondering if you're open to receiving bug reports at this time, and if you are - would you like them as one single report or multiple reports?

Send them all in one post, if needed you can make other one later. It's my job to resend fixed project updates to archives again. 

• 2 weeks later...

Alright, I played all the maps! I had a good time with them. Thank you for allowing me to participate in this project!

Anyway, here is my report :

Spoiler

Map 02
    ---
        Sectors #403 and #383 have missing flat textures (one has it missing for the floor, the other - the ceiling)

Map 03
    ---
        In software rendering mode - Line #989 has a midtexture that bleeds into the ceiling     

Map 06
    ---
        Sectors #40, #41 and #42 have weird sky textures (in terms of alignment to the neighboring sector skies). I suspect that this is due to the fact that Line #143 transfers a sky texture to all the Sectors with "Tag = 0", however - Sectors #40, #41 and #42 have other Tag values (21, 20 and 19). There should probably be 3 additional Lines that transfer the sky texture to sectors with Tags equal to 21, 20 and 19.
    ---
        You can pick up the Red Skull without triggering Line #2251. Because of this - you can reach the teleporter to the exit and bypass half of the map.    
    ---     
        Line #1083 has the wrong bottom texture applied to it

Map 07
    ---        
        Lines #9732, #5435 and #6119 need some texture alignment adjustments
    ---
        You can position yourself around the spots of X = -1928, Y = 1176 or over at  X = -1928, Y = 1056 and then - while adjusting your angle or position - it is possible to  activate the switch behind the bars. This allows you to bypass a huge chunk of the Blue Skull fight.
    ---
        The monsters (Things #366, #365, #367, #368, #364, #370, #371, #369, #372 and #363) Have accidentally been st to ambush mode. This causes them to never leave the monster teleport pit.
    ---
        The floors of Sectors #1705, #1633, #1707 and #1706 need to be lowered by 96 units. Otherwise - you can't beat the map.

Map 10
    ---        
        There is a scenario where you can bypass a perpetual lift trigger, causing you to get stuck in a flesh pit. Since this is my submitted map - I have made an updated version with a fix for this scenario.        

Map 11
    ---        
        You can grab the Yellow Skull key from the western side without raising the Archviles up. Lines #1993 and #1992 need to either be extended to be longer or a few copies of these lines need to be made and placed on the western side

Map 14
    ---            
        You can fall in the gap around X = -448, Y = 1280 and get stuck.

Map 16
    ---            
        Line #3657 needs to be set as impassable
    ---    
        Lines #2644 and #2880 might have the wrong textures applied to them (should probably be changed to a support texture)

Here is an updated version of Map 10 (my map submission) that fixes one issue that I found in the map: Map10_LiftFix.zip

Thank you for reports! Let's see what what I can do together with contributors. 

2 hours ago, Ar_e_en said:

I don't get it 

You're sur it's the right line ?

15 hours ago, Beubeu said:

I don't get it 

You're sur it's the right line ?

It's a line with a midtexture called "METGRAT2" and it's located around X = 3633, Y = -3866. You can run through it and end up falling into the chocolate water. It's also an unintended way to find one of the secrets (unintended, because that secret is actually found by activating a switch that opens up a secret teleporter). 

On 4/30/2024 at 3:18 PM, Ar_e_en said:

Alright, I played all the maps! I had a good time with them. Thank you for allowing me to participate in this project!

Anyway, here is my report :

Hide contents

Map 02
    ---
        Sectors #403 and #383 have missing flat textures (one has it missing for the floor, the other - the ceiling)

Map 03
    ---
        In software rendering mode - Line #989 has a midtexture that bleeds into the ceiling     

Map 06
    ---
        Sectors #40, #41 and #42 have weird sky textures (in terms of alignment to the neighboring sector skies). I suspect that this is due to the fact that Line #143 transfers a sky texture to all the Sectors with "Tag = 0", however - Sectors #40, #41 and #42 have other Tag values (21, 20 and 19). There should probably be 3 additional Lines that transfer the sky texture to sectors with Tags equal to 21, 20 and 19.
    ---
        You can pick up the Red Skull without triggering Line #2251. Because of this - you can reach the teleporter to the exit and bypass half of the map.    
    ---     
        Line #1083 has the wrong bottom texture applied to it

Map 07
    ---        
    ---
        You can position yourself around the spots of X = -1928, Y = 1176 or over at  X = -1928, Y = 1056 and then - while adjusting your angle or position - it is possible to  activate the switch behind the bars. This allows you to bypass a huge chunk of the Blue Skull fight.
    ---
        The monsters (Things #366, #365, #367, #368, #364, #370, #371, #369, #372 and #363) Have accidentally been st to ambush mode. This causes them to never leave the monster teleport pit.
    ---
        The floors of Sectors #1705, #1633, #1707 and #1706 need to be lowered by 96 units. Otherwise - you can't beat the map.

Map 10
    ---        
        There is a scenario where you can bypass a perpetual lift trigger, causing you to get stuck in a flesh pit. Since this is my submitted map - I have made an updated version with a fix for this scenario.        

Map 11
    ---        
        You can grab the Yellow Skull key from the western side without raising the Archviles up. Lines #1993 and #1992 need to either be extended to be longer or a few copies of these lines need to be made and placed on the western side

Map 14
    ---            
        You can fall in the gap around X = -448, Y = 1280 and get stuck.

Map 16
    ---            
    ---    
        Lines #2644 and #2880 might have the wrong textures applied to them (should probably be changed to a support texture)

Here is an updated version of Map 10 (my map submission) that fixes one issue that I found in the map: Map10_LiftFix.zip

Thanks for taking the time to test all the maps friend. I'm not sure what happened with the missing flats in my map, I think maybe I had some extra resources loaded while mapping and got mixed up? at any rate, @Misty if you could please replace the missing flats with CITYF01 before you reupload, that would be great. I could also do it too if you prefer, just let me know.

Posted (edited)

Hi @Misty 

Should i share a fix patch for map 16 for all the reports made by @Ar_e_en (thanks for the report) or you want to do it yourself ? 

Which one is quicker for you ? 

Edited by Beubeu

Posted (edited)

If you're already done with the patch, send it there, it will be easier for me to include. 

Edited by Misty

If anyone else have updates to their levels, please send them there or tell me how to handle them for fixes. 

Hey @nightly, could you provide update for your level in map07 according to Ar_e_en's notes? I'm going through the fixes and I'd like to resend updated project to archives again in upcoming week. Thanks in advance!

Map 07
    ---        
    ---
        You can position yourself around the spots of X = -1928, Y = 1176 or over at  X = -1928, Y = 1056 and then - while adjusting your angle or position - it is possible to  activate the switch behind the bars. This allows you to bypass a huge chunk of the Blue Skull fight.
    ---
    ---

• 2 weeks later...

Hello everyone, I just want to tell that I reuploaded new version of project with all map bugfixes. If there are more things to report, write them there. Have a good day!