NOVA IV, MBF21 compatible project for beginners (slots filled)

@obake Just wanted to know, do you prefer receiving the map through DM or be it published on this topic? Unfortunately I lost access to the discord server as my personal laptop died on the 16th of Feb. (and I didn't have a permanent account there).

Now I've managed to setup UDBuilder yesterday on my work laptop so I'm at last able to map again but the Discord invitation link also expired in the meantime preventing me from rejoining, so..sending it through Doomworld DM seems to be the best remaining option for me.

Edited by OniriA

On 2/16/2024 at 1:48 AM, scumgirle said:

Would love to contribute a MIDI or two to this if a slot is/becomes available. I make electronic music as one of my other hobbies but just getting into MIDI composition for Doom within the last few weeks. WIP demo as proof I know my way around Sekaiju.

That's wonderful! We can always use good MIDIs :)

On 2/22/2024 at 12:04 AM, OniriA said:

@obake Just wanted to know, do you prefer receiving the map through DM or be it published on this topic? Unfortunately I lost access to the discord server as my personal laptop died on the 16th of Feb. (and I didn't have a permanent account there).

Now I've managed to setup UDBuilder yesterday on my work laptop so I'm at last able to map again but the Discord invitation link also expired in the meantime preventing me from rejoining, so..sending it through Doomworld DM seems to be the best remaining option for me.

I'll send a new Discord link. Also, you are always free to post the map in the thread if you wish.

• 3 weeks later...
Posted (edited)

Just a little progress update on my map to revive the thread. First screenshot's a tad old but I like the perspective.

Spoiler

doom37.png?ex=6601dcf4&is=65ef67f4&hm=12

doom38.png?ex=66042a1f&is=65f1b51f&hm=67

doom39.png?ex=66042b09&is=65f1b609&hm=a6

Edited by Novaseer
why did i use 'little' so many times

7 hours ago, Novaseer said:

Just a little progress update on my map to revive the thread. First screenshot's a tad old but I like the perspective.

Hide contents

doom37.png?ex=6601dcf4&is=65ef67f4&hm=12

doom38.png?ex=66042a1f&is=65f1b51f&hm=67

doom39.png?ex=66042b09&is=65f1b609&hm=a6

Looking great! I love the contrast between the infernal structures and the cold natural environment.

Ooh, just noticed this! Good luck on the project everyone. I was the one who opened the project thread for the original Nova.wad back in 2011 if no-one recognises me XD . I honestly should revisit the first wad and check out the two sequels some time, I've been away from the Doom wad scene for quite awhile.

22 hours ago, Novaseer said:

Since we're doing this...

Spoiler

DwfKuPr.jpeg

KktbLZA.jpeg

GVySXgd.jpeg

• 4 weeks later...

Hi! I'd like to give up my slot for someone who's newer than me and more deserving of it. Don't really feel comfortable keeping the slot as I don't think I can be considered a newbie mapper anymore and in hindsight, I shouldn't have a taken a slot in the first place. Apologies. 

Hello @obake, I've also changed my mind about participating because I feel I have too many contributions elsewhere. I'm freeing up my slot in the hopes that someone else might be interested in filling it up, and can make the most out of this opportunity better than myself.

Good luck to everyone on this project, I wish you all the best :)

I assume this project won't be done for a while, so don't expect much from me. I have one overdue map and MIDI for other projects, which I am obviously prioritizing.

i guess i should also clarify that i had left this project almost one month ago (Messaged obake about it) for the same reasons stated above. So yeah, another slot its available

Posted (edited)
On 4/11/2024 at 10:21 AM, Pancrasio said:

May I take a slot? Give me whatever is free, I don't care much

You'll be next in the back up, as there is one person in front of you. If they or another choose to drop out, you'll get a spot.

Edit: Didn't notice Taviow dropped out. That means you are officially part of the team, @Pancrasio ! Welcome aboard.

Edited by obake

Posted (edited)
21 hours ago, Vanilla+Unicorn said:

Is MAP20 slot is free?

May I join in?

@obake

I messaged Alephany beforehand waiting to see if they'd join, which they have.

You're second in line in case someone drops out.

Edited by obake

I have been reading this thread and I am unsure where I "rank" in regards to being a new mapper and all that. But I would love to make a map for this if a spot becomes available and/or playtest.

Posted (edited)

Can I take the last Episode 2 Slot?

Edit:

(Oh, right The slots are fulfilled)

Edited by Fun-E Personn

• 3 weeks later...
On 5/5/2024 at 5:41 PM, TheV1perK1ller said:

If by any chance there are slots that open up overtime, I'd be inclined to give this project a shot.

I guess you're in luck because I'm deciding to drop my slot. I've just mentioned this in another project thread but I've been completely burnt out on Doom mapping. Hopefully that interest will return at some point but as it stands I'd rather someone else have this slot.

13 hours ago, brendondle said:

i think im gonna drop my slot as well, gl to whoever takes it

Im still open to claiming a slot.