Astral Abstraction - An Atmospheric Total Conversion

• 2 weeks later...

I have just completed your Project! I must say that he came out quite decent.

Before that, I wrote an opinion about the Demo (In Russian) and will soon write an Opinion on the Completed Edition.

However, I found several holes on some Levels. That is, I thought I had found a Secret, but in fact I went beyond the Boundaries of the Map. I've seen this kind of thing 2-3 times. I also have a question: "How do I get to E4MZ?" There is no Access to that Level on E4MS. I decided to get in through the Console: he writes that there is no such Map.

1 hour ago, Blacklight said:

I have just completed your Project! I must say that he came out quite decent.

Before that, I wrote an opinion about the Demo (In Russian) and will soon write an Opinion on the Completed Edition.

However, I found several holes on some Levels. That is, I thought I had found a Secret, but in fact I went beyond the Boundaries of the Map. I've seen this kind of thing 2-3 times. I also have a question: "How do I get to E4MZ?" There is no Access to that Level on E4MS. I decided to get in through the Console: he writes that there is no such Map.

E4 was originally supposed to have 2 secret levels, but I ended up scrapping the idea pretty late in development. hence why e4mz is still in the mapinfo

I've turned astral abstraction into a gameplay mod by simply excluding maps and replacing bfg with all the 4 variants and removing chainsaw completely. But haven't uploaded it of course. If you give permission, I would like to upload it as a supercharge fork because I loved the gameplay of astral abstraction and I think that it deserves to be a gameplay mod like supercharge itself. Much respect and love :)

8 hours ago, c0mbolynch said:

I've turned astral abstraction into a gameplay mod by simply excluding maps and replacing bfg with all the 4 variants and removing chainsaw completely. But haven't uploaded it of course. If you give permission, I would like to upload it as a supercharge fork because I loved the gameplay of astral abstraction and I think that it deserves to be a gameplay mod like supercharge itself. Much respect and love :)

As long as the appropriate credits are available in it (i.e. an indication that it came from Astral and also the credits for the resources it uses) then you have my blessing :)

I have been really enjoying this wad so far! First off, it looks absolutely GORGEOUS! It's also very fun, but quite challenging, and some moments made me jump. I look forward to finishing this!

• 2 weeks later...

Currently on Episode 2 and I've been enjoying my time with this wad. I like the understated audio and the atmospheric, liminal quality to those maps. I haven't found any secret level, so more excuses to replay this later on :-)

Just so people know, the wad is compatible with small UI mods that add info to the HUD (I use levelinfo.pk3 and z_pr_mapmarkers_modified.pk3). I've also been playing this with pistolstart.wad without issues, though I set "Keep Inventory Items" to "On" just to be on the safe side with the modules and all.

• 3 months later...