Why You Should Play Eden by rd (New Video Series)

Solid video that does a great job of elucidating not only why the map is fun to play, but what it FEELS like to play and just experience the map. If this is the start of a new series then sign me up b/c I could watch this type of video all day.

Glad you enjoyed the video! I already have a bunch of these planned, so hopefully I can keep up the work in the content mines and produce these regularly.

Thanks for the video! 

It not being clear if you should be hopping out of the initial iron structure was by design. I noticed that it was possible pretty early after making that structure, and rolled with it instead of undoing it or putting impassable midtex around the structure. The teleporter to the final region also gives you a more obvious moment to hop down to the outer ring of islands if you want.

Eden was one of the first "freely structured" slaughtermaps I made (and wow this was ages ago; I was not too far away from being a noob). Leading up to it, most of my maps were heavier in controlled setpieces and were harder than this, so I wanted to try something less difficult and more loosely structured than those. 

Holy shit i have to play this...! Aesthetically this is my jam. Great video, you really get across what makes the WAD interesting and really sells me on all its strongest attributes.

20 hours ago, baja blast rd. said:

Thanks for the video! 

It not being clear if you should be hopping out of the initial iron structure was by design. I noticed that it was possible pretty early after making that structure, and rolled with it instead of undoing it or putting impassable midtex around the structure. The teleporter to the final region also gives you a more obvious moment to hop down to the outer ring of islands if you want.

Eden was one of the first "freely structured" slaughtermaps I made (and wow this was ages ago; I was not too far away from being a noob). Leading up to it, most of my maps were heavier in controlled setpieces and were harder than this, so I wanted to try something less difficult and more loosely structured than those. 

Interesting to think I've basically played this map 'out of order' nearly every time I have played it then haha. It's great that the map just functions properly however you do get out though. More loose slaughter is always a good thing :)

4 hours ago, Devalaous said:

Here I thought this was about the Eden by Mal Blackwell, that dude that went on to work at id Software

Yeah I nearly put a little note saying 'this ain't that Eden' since it always pops up in searches!