My Chemical Doom-mance [GZDOOM] | RC2

Walked into the first room, used the music maker, heard a single G note, and immediately did a ton of damage to myself.

10/10

2 hours ago, Major Arlene said:

Art is the weapon, so your only way to fight back against the demons is to use the Chemical Romancer.

This line is what really got me. Downloaded.

Edit: is there a midi? I was hoping to hear "Welcome to the black parade" but for some reason it is mute. Am I doing anything wrong?

Edited by DoomGappy

Okay, just played it and here is my most earnest feedback.

- It's a miracle of nature that this exists. It's amazing, it's beautiful, it's a work of art.
- The Chemical Romancer is great but I'd like to make some suggestions based on my experience. The gun is beefy and fun to use, it splatters everything you can see with a touch of MCR, but it didn't feel as satisfying to use in some situations. My main problems were that there were many times where I would be fighting in a room and the sound of the gun would get cut off midway because of a lack of ammo. This could probably be solved by giving it something ridiculous in terms of ammo like 3000, 6000, or some MCR related numerology, if there is any.
- There were also times where I had to stop firing because I had to duck behind a corner to cover myself, and the splash damage was too high. That felt a bit annoying. Maybe reduce the splash damage or add some invulns so players can have fun with the songs? 
- The map design was great, no complaints there, and the decorations were really good. Hope you can look back on that young fangirl with a proud smile. 

Cheers!

It was a pleasure providing the ridiculous weapon code for this silly project. The base code was made by the amazing Marian Paddock and Skelegant, and sprites were made by Marian Paddock. I heavily changed the firing code when I put it in the upcoming version of Insanity Deathmatch, and in this project it fires pretty much the same way, only with maybe slight damage adjustments for the sake of balance. It's still quite a powerful instrument here!

Edited by Kaapeli47

This looks to be super nostalgia-filled, especially since...

Spoiler

When I was a young boy, my father took me into the city to see a marching band

mcr rules, stoked to see this :)

Thank you for this Arlene

Spoiler

I can only give it a 9/10 though i didn't see any first album references? i'm a fake fan tho, i may have missed them

also longhair gerard best gerard

1 minute ago, DuckReconMajor said:

Thank you for this Arlene

Reveal hidden contents

I can only give it a 9/10 though i didn't see any first album references? i'm a fake fan tho, i may have missed them

also longhair gerard best gerard

I definitely was slacking on that front but I also didn't want to take forever to make this ;p thanks for playing :D

I wondered where those cloaked guys that appeared toward the end came from. MCR is not a group I ever cared for but this was hilarious! That gun like omg...

UPDATE TIME:

- the Chemical Romancer now has a regular max of 1500 bullets, 3000 with backpack, and all ammo boxes now give 250 ammo so you can blast for longer. it'll look janky on the regular status bar but you'll be able to see your count on the lefthand side of the regular HUD.

- I've tried to reduce the splash damage a bit on the Chemical Romancer but no guarantees it'll be perfect.

- assigned music for the title screen and intermission that isn't just the default (which means this file got even bigger, sorry lol)

- added some more ammo boxes on the map

- the Three Cheers & Danger Days fight should go a little faster now, I've shrunk the closets so that they empty a bit quicker

- added an invuln to the Three Cheers fight and tried to mark the switch a little better

File link is in the OP :) thanks to everyone who's played my silly little map so far!

• 2 weeks later...

Ran through this in my single map showcase the other day and thought it was a neat little gimmick for a map. Had fun with it. Link should start at where I played the map but if it doesn't the time stamp is 1:09:36