Anomaly Report's textures doesn't load

Question

5 answers to this question

Did you only load the textures in the editor, and then later ran the map with PRBoom+ outside the editor? Loading resources into the editor allows you to use them in editing, but the textures are not part of the map until they get added in with Slade 3.

47 minutes ago, Stabbey said:

Did you only load the textures in the editor, and then later ran the map with PRBoom+ outside the editor?

Yes, but you have to add them in slade 3? Initially I thought about that but I just went na fugit. Well, maybe i'll try.

4 hours ago, ChernobogTheExalted said:

Yes, but

There you go. Loading a texture pack while editing doesn't automatically stuff the entire contents into the WAD. That's a good thing, otherwise it could end up filling the WAD with a LOT of stuff which doesn't even get used.

If you want to playtest the map outside the editor before putting the textures inside the actual WAD, you can select both the texture pack and your WAD and drag them onto the executable and then the textures will appear. (Assuming the texture pack contains no maps.) For a final release, it's a good idea to add the textures you're using into the WAD, because most people don't like the hassle of needing to do this to play the map.