NEW UDMF MAPPERS TIP FOR VALIDATION

Hey guys,

I wanted to post this here because I feel it may help some newer mappers working in ultimatedoombuilder.  I want to humbly express that I am by no means an expert or even a veteran.  Full disclosure I came from the MyHouse.wad wave after powerpaks video.  That being said, hopefully this helps someone with tidying up the map before release :)

Have YOU ever released a map with a broken script? Or perhaps a stuck enemy? Maybe you've left exposed untextured line defs

I HAVE THE SOLUTION YOU CRAVE

Before you do your final save and post your WAD, click on the little checkmark on the left hand side of UDB.  Alternatively you can press F4 within the editor.

image.png.5e2e490031ff5f30130757699290a7dd.png

This is going to open a dialog box which has multiple options for map validation.

Now its not quite as self-explanatory as you may think, and the tool also offers to fix certain returns which you may NOT want to do, so I encourage you check out this video I made that goes further into details about what to lookout for!

image.png.723a3b7c9901eef2cd3121609f3d0cef.png

Hope this helps, Happy Dooming!

Using UDB Map Validation Tool