Profiles' main pages have not updated since December 2023

Yeah, I really Noticed from the first day that i'm here

So... I don't post Anything like, idk, A review to a WAD in WAD's Releases, I dont want my review to fall into the Dark Abyss 🦝

• 2 weeks later...

so that's why my status updates weren't appearing, i thought it just a me problem on my end but apparently not :|

• 3 weeks later...

i think this might also apply to search, i've had trouble searching things from this year

• 4 weeks later...

if you go on someone's user page it says their most recent post was december 2023, even if they have posted after that 

It's a known issue, and due to the nature of ownership of the domain it is very challenging for software updates to be performed.

9 minutes ago, vyruss said:

It's a known issue, and due to the nature of ownership of the domain it is very challenging for software updates to be performed.

Why do i have an inkling feeling people still are missing this despite being on the top of Everything Else? It feels like this thread is here every week, twice on Sunday.

5 hours ago, vyruss said:

5 hours ago, Redneckerz said:

Why do i have an inkling feeling people still are missing this despite being on the top of Everything Else? It feels like this thread is here every week, twice on Sunday.

The sad part is that even though it's a known issue, we will keep getting threads like this on occasion until the issue finally gets resolved. We need to have patience.

Could it be that some users are browsing in fluid mode instead of the default mode? You wouldn't see pinned content (unless updated) and the search returns nothing about broken profiles (same bug?) so it could be missed.

Of course it could just be people not reading the pinned content.

13 hours ago, NuMetalManiak said:

The sad part is that even though it's a known issue, we will keep getting threads like this on occasion until the issue finally gets resolved. We need to have patience.

Too bad about the weird ownership situation, would be hilarious to change the description of Everything Else form to just "FORUM SOFTWARE ISSUES SINCE DECEMBER 2023 WHERE HISTORY DOES NOT SHOW ON USER PAGES"? LOL

• 2 weeks later...

Slight heads up:

Perhaps its just me, but Topics and Posts seem to be working again, whereas Profiles doesn't do anything yet.

I realize there was a trick but i believe this was only useful for the Posts tab. But Topics also works now again.

17 minutes ago, Gothic said:

Seems like this got fixed

Sure looks like it! Was still broken just 8 hours ago. I think we might be among the first people to notice it.

10 minutes ago, Gez said:

Also Unread Content works again now. I know nobody cares because I'm the only one who ever used it, but it does.

I hope they get to bring back status updates on the main page's right side a la AtariAge Forums. That way people might (or might not) spam low-quality threads here.

Thanks to the magical elves that fixed it, I guess?

On 5/23/2024 at 10:57 PM, Gez said:

Also Unread Content works again now. I know nobody cares because I'm the only one who ever used it, but it does.

Legit never clicked on it before your PSA.

It's too close to the big, scary "mark site read" button, which feels like some kind of nuclear option idk.

23 minutes ago, Daytime Waitress said:

Thanks to the magical elves that fixed it, I guess?

Thus the mystery of "who owns Doomworld?" continues...

Posted (edited)

I suppose now that this has hopefully permanently been resolved this topic can be unpinned, although since it's still here I may also politely and out of curiosity use it to ask about the Downloads Beta bug and out-of-sync databases and such, especially since I don't see any pinned topics about this (probably there's one right above this).  I figure it's likely a formidable enough problem to have lasted so long, either technically or legally (I'm unclear which and I understand if it's not something that can or should be expounded upon here) but it's a neat feature and I have stuff uploaded to /idgames now it would be interesting to know I guess if there's any expected timeline on resolving the issue.

Edited by Stupid Bunny