Doom 64: LUNAR REVELATIONS - OUT NOW for the Doom 64 Remaster and Doom 64 EX PLUS

small patch released!!!

>added an unused texture "I Suck At Making Textures" at the end of MAP32
>fixed the "fake log computer" in MAP06
>fixed a visual bug related to the switches while playing on the Remaster (hopefully)

updated download in OP ^^^^

Whatever happened to the "Immorpher will write a song in honor of you" obituary? I swear I saw it on the previous version with EX+'s obituary feature, but now it's gone.

Well, I played to your wad. First of all, the maps were pretty good. The colors changes and the level design were perfectly balanced to spot the main elements of a room and avoid to be lost. The new music tracks were a bit weak in the main volume. I wanted to listen a bit but I couldn't because of the sound effects. :P

The fact to have some messages to read to develop the "story" was excellent ! I really enjoyed it ! That reminded the "Metroid Prime" games. <3

The fights were intense too... maybe too intense for me. And with that, I will say the main issue and why I have not finished this wad and will not finish it without the use of god-mode : C-Y-B-E-R-D-E-M-O-N-S. There are too many of them per level. And making the use of the rockets for beating them whereas they are immune to splash damages is criminal ! >_<

So ja. What a pity ! Some parts of the levels 6, 7 and 8 reminded the style used by @HeadshotTAS for "Dreamblood" (the fact to block a useless way to avoid the player to make another run in this direction) and in this ambience. But... the problem was these infinite fights with the cyberdemons. :/

Lemme guess, some of dem cut D64 monsters and a D64 version of the Icon of Sin?

Am I somewhere in the right ballpark here?

Nice amazing work btw.

On 3/14/2024 at 10:46 AM, Immorpher said:

I am curious @Jetx_121! How old were you when you started making your first maps that ended up in Lunar Revelations?

around 17 years old, the map layouts were a little different of course :P

On 3/14/2024 at 3:49 PM, Proxy-MIDI said:

Well, I played to your wad. First of all, the maps were pretty good. The colors changes and the level design were perfectly balanced to spot the main elements of a room and avoid to be lost. The new music tracks were a bit weak in the main volume. I wanted to listen a bit but I couldn't because of the sound effects. :P

The fact to have some messages to read to develop the "story" was excellent ! I really enjoyed it ! That reminded the "Metroid Prime" games. <3

The fights were intense too... maybe too intense for me. And with that, I will say the main issue and why I have not finished this wad and will not finish it without the use of god-mode : C-Y-B-E-R-D-E-M-O-N-S. There are too many of them per level. And making the use of the rockets for beating them whereas they are immune to splash damages is criminal ! >_<

So ja. What a pity ! Some parts of the levels 6, 7 and 8 reminded the style used by @HeadshotTAS for "Dreamblood" (the fact to block a useless way to avoid the player to make another run in this direction) and in this ambience. But... the problem was these infinite fights with the cyberdemons. :/

indeed, there's a lot of cybers at some point, i tried to tone it down in the EX Plus monster placement scripting, but masterminds are just too fat, so only MAP07 and MAP10 used them x.x

sometimes i like to torture players with rockets only for cybers :)
image.png.c48a39143ed0c4f2007879a1459ea48d.png
the corner cheesing should work in most battles, making the rockets use less painful

On 3/18/2024 at 11:25 PM, Jetx_121 said:

around 17 years old, the map layouts were a little different of course :P

I remember when I first messed around with Doom Builder (2). I think I was around 12 and never made anything more compelling than a closed room with a bunch of enemies. :P

• 3 weeks later...