Issues with functionality after importing custom textures with Slade3

Posted (edited)

Hello, so I'm having quite a problem in Ultimate Doom Builder after importing some custom textures into Slade3.

The problem is as follows: Doors, lifts, teleports, tags, sector tags, level ends, texture alignment, and all other functionality seems to be completely deleted.

You can see for yourself if you run it in GZDoom or load it up in Ultimate Doom Builder.

I'm not convinced that it's a problem with GZDoom as everything before the texture importation worked perfectly fine. Even the levels in the WAD before MAP11 work perfectly fine on GZDoom. Only MAP11 is messed up.

To note, and you'll probably notice yourselves, this version doesn't contain MAP10, but I don't think that has to do with it at all. Maybe it does, but again, it works perfectly fine without it.

To add, if you didn't notice, killing the Spider Mastermind has a sector tag of 1, which is supposed to open the door which leads to the exit.

Please do help with this, and do NOT steal ANY of the maps in this WAD. This is intended to become a MEGAWAD, all maps in this WAD so far were speedmapped and created in 1 day or less.

Any and all help is appreciated, thank you!

You can download the WAD, here.

dss1.png

dss2.png

Edited by Baron T. Mueriach

Posted (edited)

I got the spider mastermind to work by setting it's Thing ID/tag to 0, but leaving the sector tag for the action.

TBH I don't know enough about ZDoom/UDMF maps to know why it works this way, maybe someone else can answer that. In any case it works though.

IkSnKNX.png

Edited by plums

Posted (edited)
27 minutes ago, plums said:

I got the spider mastermind to work by setting it's Thing ID/tag to 0, but leaving the sector tag for the action.

TBH I don't know enough about ZDoom/UDMF maps to know why it works this way, maybe someone else can answer that. In any case it works though.

IkSnKNX.png

Hey thanks for taking the time to respond.

I set the identification tag to 0 and still nothing! I saved, closed, and reopened it, but that didn't seem to work. Now I'm starting to become convinced it may be a problem with GZDoom or at least my GZDoom, I'll update it and retry later. I checked Ultimate Doom Builder and it says I'm up to date, also checked the errors and everything was perfectly fine. Really wish UDB had a built-in debugger.

I hope I won't have to manually program these functions into the TEXTMAP or MAPINFO files, that'd be a pain in the ass.

I appreciate you responding though, thanks again.

dss3.png

Edited by Baron T. Mueriach