I just had to fix a bug that could potentially make some maps unbeatable, please download the wad again if you did that earlier, sorry about that.

Even with no textures your maps look great. Can't wait to see how they play!

Hi, does this work with Freedoom?

Spoiler

Hilariously amazing set. Map 04 is quite laggy but I guess that's the price we have to pay for the bath water.

it's like of doom was a super scaler arcade game (galaxy force 2, space harrier, etc). amazing

WAIT I didn't see the download link before and thought it was just a joke.  Now that I've actually played it, I gotta say this is really cool! What a neat idea! I love it!

Alright, all joking aside, this is legit some of the coolest shit I've ever played. I never would have thought to build a house out of decorative pillars at different elevations or create a rain effect with health bonuses and what I can only assume to be conveyor magic. This very wad perfectly showcases the kind of creativity that makes me realize how much I love this community and why. Awesome work.

Se suponía que era una broma del dia del payaso hermano, esto se ve genuinamente hermoso

An exercise in minimalism, disguised as a April Fools joke and a lesson in ''How to achieve more with less.''.

Except the jokes on us all, because that is something really special.

@Danlex it amazes me that, you too, managed to make Doom look like something wholly unique, yet again. Limitations breed creativity, and 0x0 shows this perfectly.

What a Caco contender.

Just finished it, a bit miffed that you turned off vertical mouselook but I can understand why. Good stuff!

This is really creative. I love the supercharge river, waves, and rain. And the crusher section in map 2 is legitimately just a cool setup in its own right.

I wish the HUD text wasn't so hard to read though, even if it's true to the original (missing) texture.

Fucking brilliant.  Executed almost perfectly.  I feel like most mappers have tried something along the line of "let's make a maze in the void out of torches, tehe", but no one's really combined it with height variation or sector work like this, or made compositions of Things depicting "realistic" environments and objects on this level.  The mapper does seem to enjoy a little extra freedom from using MBF21 and minor DeHacked, but this is an absolutely greatly executed limitation project.

50 Shades of Graytall, 1x1, DIY/1badwad, etc.  This takes some of those principles but distills them down to an extreme, but still comes off as crisp as ever and not very janky at all (ie. it does "switches" and other tricks better than a lot of the jank we came up with in 50shades, etc.). 

And to help, it's a short "coffee break" length WAD.  Mapsets that go longer than several maps, for me, usually start to drag on if I extend my play session past that.  But as short as it is, this set still explores a decently large sampling of well-varied, fresh gimmicks within the no-texture limitation space.  A well of creativity.

I guess it was only a matter of time before someone spring-boarded off of 1x1 into arguably its logical and funny extreme, and that context makes these maps double as a funny flex compared to if they were simply conceived and made in a vacuum (in which they would still be exceptionally freakin cool).

Also, most importantly, you made TREES out of TREES!  That's just funny as fuck. 9.8/10 WAD

HNTR FDAs: noisy_0x0_fda_m6.zip

Very good WAD with fun setups and a clear aesthetic vision. Contains elements of many things: mostly obviously the X by X-types and Graytall but also throws in a sprinkling of minimalist Grove (or perhaps the Creep Doctor if you look at it that way). Clever use of fake floors and blocking lines mostly minimizes the irritating issue of sprite collision, kudos and thanks for being mindful of that! Essential play for minimalist and experimental aesthetics enjoyers.

UV playthrough demos, -dsdademo, v0.27.5 for playback - 0x0-maribo.zip

A minor bug report: in Map05, I had a Cacodemon end up in one of the storage closets that the blocking torches get sent to after you activate them (happens in the dsdademo above), specifically line 404 into sector 773. Not sure what the best fix for this would be.

For being a April Fools, the premises are quite intruiguing. Downloaded to see how did you this without any textures!

Hi! Just letting y'all know that I have updated the wad to fix some problems that were spotted in the demos shared earlier.

-Changed the design of the teleporting torches to prevent monsters from getting stuck in the closets outside of the map.

-Fixed and improved some monster closets.

-Made some slight changes to the monster placement; difficulty settings should be better balanced now.

-Now the icon of sin actually works on lower skills (can't believe I missed that lmao).

DOWNLOAD (v1.1)

Thanks to everyone for all the positive feedback so far and thanks to Velvet and Maribo for the demos ^^

This map set was an absolute joy to play! I loved the doom cute river and the entirety of level three. The only thing more terrifying then the cabin was the realization it was my only shelter. Well done!

The only one complain I have about this wad is that the default HUD numbers are difficult to read, since their color makes them blended with the HUD panel. Probably giving more contrast to the HUD numbers would be nice. This a really interesting mapset with Doomcute™ grade thing decorations and effects, thanks for making this one!