What was your first violent video game and where did you play it?

8 hours ago, AtomsTired said:

Happy Wheels! I was 6-7 years old at the time, and created my own levels on my Ipad (found the game by watching Annoying Orange at the time) :P

Here's some gameplay of it:

hell yeah flash games were the shit

Posted (edited)

The true first I am pretty sure was likely something like Galaga in the arcades in the mid to late 80s. One of those generic space shooter type affairs. But the absolute earliest I have a definite memory of is POW - Prisoners of War circa 1988/89. Break out of your prison cell and murder your way to freedom.  But if you mean violent in the sense of like actual visible blood and gore, that would be Wolfenstein 3D shareware version on my family's first computer in either late 1992 or early 1993.

Edited by Murdoch

Half-Life was my very first videogame and my first violent one I ever play. 

Super Mario Bros 3, stomping some poor Goombas that unsurprisingly have a blood-boiling hatred of Mario.

Ok, it was probably either Turok Dinosaur Hunter or Star Fox 64.

Posted (edited)

Definitely Counter-Strike and Mortal Kombat 4. They were on the hard drives of plenty of old computers I used to own as a kid.

Edited by Panzermann11

Black Ops II at a friend's house. I only had a wii growing up, so it was an entirely new experience for me.

Mortal Kombat 11 on the switch was my first really violent game. i probably played something else violent when I was younger but I cant remember

Mortal Kombat on the Sega Genesis at a cousin's house. Getting roasted by Scorpion's fatality actually put me off violent games until I got Doom some years later.

4 hours ago, Murdoch said:

POW arcade longplay

Oh jeez, that unearthed a memory of my first rage quit. I was playing the NES version and put in a code for extra lives. All was fine until I faced one of the bosses who had a one-hit-kill shotgun and grenades. I tried my best to dodge the shots but ate one inevitably. The asshole actually went up to my body and dropped a stream of grenades on it. I'm sitting there watching my body get juggled around by the grenades as they burn through all of my extra lives with no way out. When the game over screen popped up, I threw my controller at the NES and yelled every obscenity I heard in grade school that probably got me in trouble with my parents.

Doom Shareware when i was 4 or so. i wasn't really allowed to play it at first but eventually my parents decided to let me play it alongside other games such as Quake 2 and Unreal.

Posted (edited)

Man, I don't even remember what I ate yesterday.. Street Fighter, Mortal Kombat, Wolf3D, Killer Instincts, Resident Evil..

cdVpFk0.png

Edited by CacoKnight

Posted (edited)

Wolf3D, my neighbor's house. I was maybe ten. I was never the same again.

Edited by june gloom

GTA Vice City and San Andreas, at age of 7-8, I guess it was 2011.

Thank God I played violent games, not only they were extremely fun, but they also influenced my musical taste.

Posted (edited)
21 hours ago, D4NUK1 said:

I trink would be Counter Strike 1.6 on a local cafe with my cousins when i was 6 or 7 years old.

In fact, play Counter-Strike 1.6 in a cybercafe was the first experience to a violent game for venezuelan kids in the 2000s (me included). :P

Edited by Herr Dethnout

Posted (edited)

My first violent game I played? I believe it was black ops zombies. 

I played it at a friend's house a long long time ago and wow. That game def scared me back as a small 7 year old.. I was coming off from playing games like lego star wars and mario kart wii lol!

I can def see how Doom was scary for older gamers here when they were young. Just like how black ops zombies to me was scary as well.

They def don't make games like this anymore..

6e8401c7-2122-42f8-90e3-520e2bafe2fa.png

Edited by nathanB404
Grammatical error

Possibly Dino Crisis on PSX when I was 3 or so, I don't remember that well other than playing it with my dad. But I do remember not struggling that much back then in comparison to playing it again few years ago, I'm getting old for sure.

I want to say Mortal Kombat, in the good old Aladdin's Castle arcade near my house, but I vaguely remember playing this game:

Perfect Dark was probably the first M-rated (in the west) video game I have played. It was the Japanese version, so there were no blood splatters on walls or floors though.

My parents got horrified after I was gunning down unconscious enemies or civilians (you can take down them without killing if you use fists) to death.

We had an ungodly amount of pirated games for the Commodore 64 when i was around six years or so in the mid 80s.

The ones that immediately came to mind were "Speed Racer", "Barbarian", "Forbidden Forest" and "Operation Wolf".

Speed Racer let you run over grannys, cops and kids, Barbarian (1 or 2) was a one on one fighter that let you chop off heads, Forbidden Forest had some gory deaths (And was pants-shittingly scary), and well, Operation Wolf.

Either Doom 2 (yes I played 2 before Doom 1) or C&C Red Alert (fairly tame, most violence is in the FMV cutscenes) 

Wolf3d was the first violent video game I played. I believe it was 1992. I was 10 and I played it on the family computer, a 386. But it was just the shareware version (wasn't until 96 that I got the full version). My mom got it from one of her coworkers. We didn't know what kind if game it was. We didn't even know it was 3d. When I saw that it was, I was really impressed by it and got really into it. I had never seen a 3d game before. And I remember this kid next door would come over just to play it.

On 4/3/2024 at 8:48 AM, Herr Dethnout said:

In fact, play Counter-Strike 1.6 in a cybercafe was the first experience to a violent game for venezuelan kids in the 2000s (me included). :P

Venezuela with 1.6 full café never be old

For me it was Return to Castle Wolfenstein, around 2006 or 2007. Found the game on dad's work laptop. Initially I considered it to be something like Call of Duty, as CoD was the only FPS I knew at the time and I basically referred to any shooter as something CoD-like. I didn't even know at that point that horror games exist, that's why I went on unsuspecting of what was coming. I really liked the beginning, but the underground / catacombs levels scared the shit out of me, especially zombie-skeletons. I even had nightmares for some time after that

Mine was Res Evil Zero and as a kid, I thought that shit was funny as fuck  I think it was in my brother's room around 2003