What could the "Z" in "ZDoom" stand for?

I don't think Randi Heit gave that much thought on what the Z stands for in ZDoom (i might be wrong lol). But it's fun to speculate!

So, what do you think it could stand for? Personally, it probably stands for something like "Zesty Doom"!

I know that the G in GZ-Doom stands for guinea-pig. That makes sense because guinea-pigs are cute but mighty animals. But i can't find an explanation for the Z.

1 hour ago, Adam Oker said:

I don't think Randi Heit gave that much thought on what the Z stands for in ZDoom (i might be wrong lol). But it's fun to speculate!

So, what do you think it could stand for? Personally, it probably stands for something like "Zesty Doom"!

I personally think it stands for a previous thread:

19 minutes ago, Redneckerz said:

I personally think it stands for a previous thread:

Good one lmao-

3 minutes ago, Adam Oker said:

Good one lmao-

Its also the thread you are looking for the answer.

3 hours ago, Adam Oker said:

Ok

Posted (edited)

It’s like if you see a french person playing Doom and ask them what are they playing:

”I am playing ze Doom.”

Edited by VoanHead

Posted (edited)

I thought it was "Zandronum Doom"

It took me some seconds to find out about "Z-Clipping", maybe that has something to do with it.

Edited by KubaloBlackMT

14 minutes ago, Milkeno said:

Ztelementry
image.png.4d74965950580b3a097d4e51eae10524.png

What is this from?

For those who want to compare the claims made here with the reality, GZDoom's survey code is contained there.

2 hours ago, Gez said:

What is this from?

For those who want to compare the claims made here with the reality, GZDoom's survey code is contained there.

some privacy oriented neocities site, I just posted this as a joke, I know spyware is a scary word to look at but it saying low is good for an average user.
https://spyware.neocities.org/articles/

Posted (edited)

The Z stands for Zirconium, in group 4, and period 5 of the periodic table. 

Edited by eanasir

Calling GZDoom spyware is simply wrong. Spyware is software where you're not even given the choice in participating in the hardware survey. GZDoom not only gives you the choice, but also explicitly announces which releases even contain the survey code.