[Heretic CP] Heretic Heremembered - recreate Corvus's adventure from memory!

Hello there, I wish to claim E1M7 the Crypts starting now.

I think this will be my final Map submission for the project. I do remember a lot of places in Heretic since I played it all my childhood and seniour years. Everybody should have a chance, that would be strange if many levels will be done by one noname user. Three maps is a lot already.

Goodnight.

I'm submitting the E1M7 The Royal Tomb.

Let me know if there's any mistakes. I doublechecked the variables and tags. Everything should be in order. I hope I didn't forgot anything.

I completed the map on UV - it's should be doable to everybody else.

Unfortunately, I cannot reply unitl next evening. I should be up at 6 AM and will not be available until 9 PM by my time. And deadline is 1 PM on 13th May.

If there are some major mistakes (more problematic than tagged secrets like with mine E2M4) I won't be able to finish it back.

E1M7byWantuz.zip

40 minutes ago, VVanTuz2OO2 said:

Goodnight.

I'm submitting the E1M7 The Royal Tomb.

Let me know if there's any mistakes. I doublechecked the variables and tags. Everything should be in order. I hope I didn't forgot anything.

I completed the map on UV - it's should be doable to everybody else.

Unfortunately, I cannot reply unitl next evening. I should be up at 6 AM and will not be available until 9 PM by my time. And deadline is 1 PM on 13th May.

If there are some major mistakes (more problematic than tagged secrets like with mine E2M4) I won't be able to finish it back.

E1M7byWantuz.zip

Just tested, it's UV-Maxable on DSDA. Well done, I consider the map finished.

• 2 weeks later...
22 minutes ago, Melodic Spaceship said:

Is it fine if I claim E2M8? I played through all of Heretic a week or so ago.

As long as you follow the rules, I see no issue.

• 3 weeks later...
10 hours ago, Matthias said:

Can I have Confluence (E3M3) ?:)

Oh yes, most certainly. I probably should ask the tardy mapmakers to hurry up a little bit as well.

Posted (edited)

Oops, I totally overlooked the 72 hours rule :)

But hey, I'm totally working on it :D

XyJx3DJ.png

Edited by Matthias

I think I'm gonna step down, I know it's a "just do it like you remember it" but I don't think I can remake that map now that I think about it, I barely remember most of it and I don't wanna "make it up" I guess? idk

18 hours ago, Walter confetti said:

If more than a map is accepted, i like to claim E1M9!

Go ahead!

20 hours ago, Matthias said:

Oops, I totally overlooked the 72 hours rule :)

But hey, I'm totally working on it :D

Don't worry, the 72 hour limit is not a hard rule. It's generally put in place, so that people don't sign up for a slot and then hog it without providing any progress.

14 hours ago, Craneo said:

I think I'm gonna step down, I know it's a "just do it like you remember it" but I don't think I can remake that map now that I think about it, I barely remember most of it and I don't wanna "make it up" I guess? idk

Please don't feel discouraged. One of the exciting parts of a project like this is the mixture of recreating your own memories and filling in the blanks so it more or less looks like a map that could have existed back then. With that in mind, I would still love to see what you'd put out. Especially since we need to fill all the slots somehow.

Posted (edited)

Man, I really forgot what E4M8 looked like since the last time I played base Heretic maps.

Title: Pathway to Perdition.

Link: Heremembered_E4M8.rar

Author: DukeOfDoom.

Tested in Crispy Heretic.

Open to any form of feedback.

Edited by DukeOfDoom