Murder Drones: Damnation (A WIP Doom project)

Posted (edited)

This forums strives to port the Youtube series Murder Drones into classic DooM. Who knows? Maybe we could make an entire Murder Drones DOOM Adaptation!

Edit: This is currently active right now. If you're a Murder Drones fan who's also a DOOM fan, then I'd say we may need your help, dear viewer.

So don't be shy and step right up! After all, nobody likes a bashful leatherhead.

Bonus:

N-Plusie.gif.e451fd44418b56cf67112dae0520751f.gif

Edited by terminator80091

Posted (edited)

To tell you the truth, I've been waiting for someone to make a Mod based on this series for a long time. But so far no one has decided to do this.

Although I saw that «Bimmy's Companions», which featured Cordie from «Cliffside».

JnxMAp.png

Edited by Blacklight

Posted (edited)

Hello! A new update guys, I'm around 50% finished on working on Uzi's face sprites. 

Here is a spritesheet.

461900010_UziHUDFaceforDooM.png.ce73002c09ed5fed2c1e813a6c1947c8.png

I'm not finished yet with these sprites, so I swear, don't you dare use it yet. 

I tried making sprites for Uzi's railgun.
The only problem in, how do I "Doom-ify" the sprite?
If only there's a way I can make it feel like an actual doom sprite.

Uzi's Sick-as_hell Railgun.png

Posted (edited)
7 hours ago, terminator80091 said:

By the way, do you know anyone who'd definitely love to help or contribute to this mod?

I know someones good mappers and spriters, but they are already occupied in another projects, for my part, i'm just learning to mapping in ZDoom Hexen Format, I don't know if this could help you

Edited by Venezolano Hambreado

On 4/25/2024 at 11:47 PM, Venezolano Hambreado said:

I know someones good mappers and spriters, but they are already occupied in another projects, for my part, i'm just learning to mapping in ZDoom Hexen Format, I don't know if this could help you

Definitely helps! Thank you.

22 hours ago, terminator80091 said:

A quick concept art for the weapons!

436770006_462304936147723_9192213534933559829_n.jpg

Would you be using models or drawn sprites like Adrian Carmack did for some of the weapons in classic Doom?

1 hour ago, Ani said:

Would you be using models or drawn sprites like Adrian Carmack did for some of the weapons in classic Doom?

Prolly drawn sprites since I'm not good at 3d model stuff...

16 hours ago, terminator80091 said:
16 hours ago, terminator80091 said:

Prolly drawn sprites since I'm not good at 3d model stuff...

You could maybe use Gmod or SFM for 3D references if you aren't familiar with Blender.

16 hours ago, Ani said:

Definitely, but the only problem is that GMod is a paid app while SFM eats too much space on my PC...
Usually I just go to Sketchfab and screenshot some models and use them as reference.

17 hours ago, terminator80091 said:

Definitely, but the only problem is that GMod is a paid app while SFM eats too much space on my PC...
Usually I just go to Sketchfab and screenshot some models and use them as reference.

Yikes.

Posted (edited)
On 4/24/2024 at 12:36 PM, Venezolano Hambreado said:

Well, at least you're serious about making a mod like this, unlike this guy: https://www.doomworld.com/forum/topic/143005-¿existen-mods-de-the-amazing-digital-circus/

Drama aside, I don't think you can really pull the digital circus world given the circus' verticality plus the reveal of world variety. At best you could maybe pull it off in a Quake mod but good luck with every other aspect to a Digital Circus game. You'd have to put gameplay, newly coded content and color palette into account. And you'd need to have the game coincide with the on-going show and so far only two episodes are out. Way too early to consider a digital circus game. Seems this individual is absolutely clueless with how doom modding works and how complicated it would be to bring the things they want in a digital circus Doom mod.

Edited by Ani

Posted (edited)

Hello guys...
I just started working on Serial Designation N...

And so far, I think it looks good...
Here's the spritesheet of what I made so far...
Ladies and gentlemen, I present to you...
SERIAL DESIGNATION N!!!

1789248033_NDoomFace(2).png.05f366507b1082e0149fbd5391f9c0dc.png

Bonus WIP:
326703561_Screenshot(995).png.3d23931d99a56487b2e1c16e01916c1b.png

(Yes I am working on multiple mods at once)

(Still haven't started working on the MD weapons tho, maybe the railgun)

N Doom Face.png

Posted (edited)
14 hours ago, terminator80091 said:

Hello guys...
I just started working on Serial Designation N...

And so far, I think it looks good...
Here's the spritesheet of what I made so far...
Ladies and gentlemen, I present to you...
SERIAL DESIGNATION N!!!

1789248033_NDoomFace(2).png.05f366507b1082e0149fbd5391f9c0dc.png

Bonus WIP:
326703561_Screenshot(995).png.3d23931d99a56487b2e1c16e01916c1b.png

(Yes I am working on multiple mods at once)

(Still haven't started working on the MD weapons tho, maybe the railgun)

N Doom Face.png

You know you can make a class system like in Hexen and turn this to a total conversion. If you need help with that I can try and help you out. This can be a learning experience for both of us.

Edited by Ani

On 5/13/2024 at 9:21 AM, Ani said:

You know you can make a class system like in Hexen and turn this to a total conversion.

Well yeah I was planning to add like 5 characters for the mod. I was planning to add Uzi, J, V, N, Tessa and maybe even Cyn (Possibly a secret character, maybe an alt mode for Tessa)...

15 hours ago, terminator80091 said:

Well yeah I was planning to add like 5 characters for the mod. I was planning to add Uzi, J, V, N, Tessa and maybe even Cyn (Possibly a secret character, maybe an alt mode for Tessa)...

I dunno about Cyn. I feel she would break the game. Maybe Doll?

On 5/17/2024 at 4:39 AM, Ani said:

I dunno about Cyn. I feel she would break the game. Maybe Doll?

Hmm... I was also thinking of that. Maybe Doll would be a better fit...

Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, terminator80091 said:

Hmm... I was also thinking of that. Maybe Doll would be a better fit...

At best Cyn should be a boss. Maybe wait till season 1 is done though so we can get an idea on her full capabilities and see if they'll work in GZDoom. I like to wait till an entire thing is complete so that a tie in can be best represented without and inconsistencies. 

Edited by Ani

Posted (edited)
On 5/25/2024 at 12:47 AM, Ani said:

At best Cyn should be a boss. Maybe wait till season 1 is done though so we can get an idea on her full capabilities and see if they'll work in GZDoom. I like to wait till an entire thing is complete so that a tie in can be best represented without and inconsistencies. 

Hey, can you pose 3d models in gmod or sfm? Can you please send me a screenshot of the Murder Drones' arms posed like doomguy's arms on this screenshot? Kinda like an angled sprite or something...

Screenshot_Doom_20240526_214534.png.b6fb8843adfeddcddc96e015fadb7833.png

Clarification

12 hours ago, terminator80091 said:

Hey, can you pose 3d models in gmod or sfm? Can you please send me a screenshot of the Murder Drones' arms posed like doomguy's arms on this screenshot? Kinda like an angled sprite or something...

Screenshot_Doom_20240526_214534.png.b6fb8843adfeddcddc96e015fadb7833.png

I may try that but you'll may have to do some polishing since I'm no sprite enhancer.

9 hours ago, Ani said:

I may try that but you'll may have to do some polishing since I'm no sprite enhancer.

Yes I know that...
That's what I was planning to do...

5 hours ago, terminator80091 said:

Yes I know that...
That's what I was planning to do...

Okay. Sorry if I sounded icky. It's not you or anything.