Silent teleporter teleports player the wrong direction?

Lizardcommando

Question

teleport-problem.png.cc9ecb76ee2623cfe3c7e28b4f87a1cf.png

I am having issues getting the silent teleporter to have the player correctly face the proper direction. Basically, when the player walks into the silent teleporter, the player will face the wrong direction (green arrow). How do I have it so that the player teleports the correct direction (blue arrow, not teleporting facing the wall). I am using Ultimate Doom Builder to build the map.

4 answers to this question

I had a lot of fun figuring these out, and I can never remember the right way around for the exit line. I know the teleport line you walk over needs to face towards you, just like any normal walkover trigger, but does the exit line need to face in the direction of travel, or back the other way?

Oh well. I usually figure it out in two goes at most...

1 hour ago, Artinum said:

I had a lot of fun figuring these out, and I can never remember the right way around for the exit line. I know the teleport line you walk over needs to face towards you, just like any normal walkover trigger, but does the exit line need to face in the direction of travel, or back the other way?

Oh well. I usually figure it out in two goes at most...

The front side of a line is denoted from the perpendicular "tick" on the line in the editor. While most walk-over lines don't care which direction the tick is facing (teleports being a main exception), the front side of a line is always the active side, so when in doubt, face the "tick" towards the direction the player will approach it from.