[BOOM] - Carnage On Command (v.1.12)

Posted (edited)

carnage-on-command.png.f7b05532f4ba5ffc95dcdd87bd3bd0c4.png

A single-player BOOM map for DOOM II!

One of the many UAC command centers on Earth has been left overrun by demons.

I'm sure you know the drill by now. Kill em' all and get the hell out of there in one piece.

SCREENSHOTS!

screenshot4.png.3f438cd38ad7988e514c3d02bbfd6734.pngscreenshot1.png.3cd2603a67dbb0f0d847f1985788f6de.pngscreenshot2.png.356aff820d8c6306c71ea9abfa9228a2.pngscreenshot3.png.794e49471049276a876c0277b5f87dff.png

DOWNLOAD: caroncmd.zip (idgames mirror)

Edited by oneselfSelf
Added idgames mirror

Quite enjoyable, mostly laid back map. Did get softlocked in the red key fight though - 3 single use linedefs lower the bars and it's possible to trip one of those after the fight is already over and the bars have raised again.

Spoiler

IMO the SSG secret switch hunt is a bit too vague and convoluted. I only found it in the editor, and the red key fight is rougher than expected without it (spectres in a dark room)

Posted (edited)
9 hours ago, Gothic Box said:

Quite enjoyable, mostly laid back map. Did get softlocked in the red key fight though - 3 single use linedefs lower the bars and it's possible to trip one of those after the fight is already over and the bars have raised again.

Hide contents

IMO the SSG secret switch hunt is a bit too vague and convoluted. I only found it in the editor, and the red key fight is rougher than expected without it (spectres in a dark room)

That sucks you got softlocked, I think I might have fixed the issue now. Hopefully you won't get softlocked again!

Edited by oneselfSelf

HNTR 6:35.51 99K, 70I, 33S

Pretty fun, nice and breezy. HNTR (if there is difficulty balance, not sure) felt nice, but I feel like the opening room was supposed to have some monsters in it while the bars lowered to get you into the map proper. Other than that, cool map. Just super streamlined and I like the backtracking after the BK. :)

54 minutes ago, bioshockfan90 said:

HNTR 6:35.51 99K, 70I, 33S

Pretty fun, nice and breezy. HNTR (if there is difficulty balance, not sure) felt nice, but I feel like the opening room was supposed to have some monsters in it while the bars lowered to get you into the map proper. Other than that, cool map. Just super streamlined and I like the backtracking after the BK. :)

It took me a moment to realize what you had meant and I'm terribly sorry to say that I accidentally left in a test player start in the update. I feel embarrassed for that. I've updated the WAD so it's properly fixed.

Pretty good. But no, the Red Key bars are not fixed. You still need to remove all the W1 actions on the bars themselves and let just the voodoo dolls control them. It's still possible to get softlocked inside the room or outside of the room without the key and no way to continue.

I like the three-switch secret, but it seems a lot of work for an SSG and a Backpack. Maybe swap the SSG and the Rocket Launcher or replace it with a Plasma Gun and Cells, since you have Barons and AVs in the map. Otherwise, solid map.

Posted (edited)

Good map. Probably best you didn't see the video that won't process anyways, it was quite embarrassing.

Edited by LadyMistDragon

fun map.design and fights both are very good.... enjoy a lot playing it, AV and spec trap was great and effective 

cant found 1 secret although i found the switch....

my first attempt demo which turns out to be successful...

prboom cl9 uv skill iddt used

popi9.zip 

• 3 weeks later...

I liked playing Another Bad Dream enough to follow it up on the same evening with this, which seemed to be the right play order since this one is quite a bit longer. Cute tech romp, highlights are the setups that put some relatively tight spatial restrictions on the player (rocket + baron pair + sniping imps // viles + spectres). Good job. :)

coc-maribo.zip - casual UV -dsademo playthrough demo, plays back on DSDA-Doomv0.27.5

Hey! Nice to play a map that doesn't throw in my face all monster classes (and weapons) on the first 10 seconds!

Clean solid design, enjoyable,... died once around min 3:00 but want to keep playing, passed by to left a comment.