Gallery of Suicide

I also had the idea to do a level inspired by that album using the midi version of the homonym song. Screenshots look nice, the brown and red resembles the cover of the album. Currently at work, will check it later!!

Posted (edited)

This was a hard map! But it kinda has to be, if it's inspired by Cannibal Corpse and you play on UV.

But at the same time it was incredibly well-balanced, and there were always ways to overcome obstacles and tough encounters.

The non-linear style of the map works great, offers good and varied environments to explore and the secrets feel rewarding.

My only gripe would be that once you enter the room with the "exit teleporter", you get locked inside and can't go back to

explore more. Other than that, I found no issues or bugs at all.

I enjoyed this one a lot, it's clear a lot of work has gone into perfecting this map. Well done!

Edited by Zesiir

I played and went quite far because I like the CC album, but I when I stood in front of blue door without the blue key I gave up. 

The map is very retro and reminds me of Doom 1, I don't know what else to say

woof0045.png.d0a8b48828864bec7724a22124cba40d.png

6 hours ago, Esperpento said:

I also had the idea to do a level inspired by that album using the midi version of the homonym song. Screenshots look nice, the brown and red resembles the cover of the album. Currently at work, will check it later!!

Nice to hear it, I'll wait for your feedback!

5 hours ago, Zesiir said:

But it kinda has to be, if it's inspired by Cannibal Corpse and you play on UV.

Hehe, you got it right ;)

5 hours ago, Zesiir said:

My only gripe would be that once you enter the room with the "exit teleporter", you get locked inside and can't go back to

explore more. Other than that, I found no issues or bugs at all.

Shi.... I totally forgot about that.

You know what... I fixed it and re-uploaded the file.

Glad you like it!

Posted (edited)

Nice map, liked the layout a lot, difficulty was pretty easy at most times but when you throw the double AVs at players it's quite tricky if you're not prepared for it. The first pair got me quite a few times until I started to warm up, the 2nd ones weren't too bad once I knew to stockpile rockets for them. Nice music choice though that's not a track I want to listen to for 30+ minutes so I did turn it down after a while.

The visuals were pretty good but it seemed like there were a lot of parts with very flat lighting and/or texturing. This area here would've looked much nicer with just some lighting variations between the sectors, for instance:

Q930wGG.png

dsdademo FDA if you want, played on complevel 21

https://user.fm/files/v2-6132f1fda5d4d4f6f8ca455686282cec/gos-plums.lmp

went back to find the rest of the secrets after exiting. Had to cheat to find the plasma gun, I spotted the shootable switch but not the other one in the outdoor courtyard that is a secret itself.

Edited by plums

Except for the part about the music, what plums said is word to word what I experienced !

2 hours ago, Delisk said:

Thank you for your video, that was hella fun to watch :D

1 hour ago, plums said:

The visuals were pretty good but it seemed like there were a lot of parts with very flat lighting and/or texturing

Yes, you're right... This brown part of the map was made at a time when, frankly speaking, I lost interest in the map due to the fact that its development took too long. Closer to the final part of the map, my interest in mapping returned and therefore the visual at the end looks better.

Thank you so much for the criticism and I really glad you liked it

Just finished playing it, nice map!

I liked the fights, the little traps, the theme and music choice. The pair of archviles killed me more times than I would like to admit hehe. About the layout, I like how it loops around in some instances, but there are many boxy corridors without much going on (1 texture and no light variance). Texture usage and details are nice, feels cohesive. Some secrets were hard to find (plasma rifle, just like plums I spotted the shootable switch but not the other one, had to look it up in Slade). Overall it's a fun level with a nice Doom 2 vibe, keep it up!

Minor detail:

Spoiler

I've found a missing texture when you jump down from the lift that takes you to the plasma rifle before it finishes lowering.

imagen.png.02434a27fdf98b7772792557e999fef4.png

I think someone must like shotgunning Barons. Don't worry if it ends around the yellow key, this was honestly getting a bit longer than well, you realized that at least1 Liked the two arch-vile fight but that was the hardest/

Posted (edited)
6 hours ago, LadyMistDragon said:

I think someone must like shotgunning Barons. Don't worry if it ends around the yellow key, this was honestly getting a bit longer than well, you realized that at least1 Liked the two arch-vile fight but that was the hardest/

LOL?? What was that on 27:40? Where did this fire come from??

Archvile has not yet seen you until this moment

Edited by Astar

7 hours ago, Esperpento said:

Minor detail:

Oh my God.... didn't see that comin'.

Thank you for your feedback, I will fix that in the next patch

Posted a new version of wad.

Some visual improvements and fixes have been made.

39 minutes ago, Laser Doom said:

OMG cannibal corpse inspired map

Yeah. And I love Silent hill too :)

I really liked it. Was fun to play.
The music gets a bit annoying after a while doe LOL

1 minute ago, Bam4000 said:

I really liked it. Was fun to play.
The music gets a bit annoying after a while doe LOL

Thank you!

I have to admit, I certainly messed up with the music, lmao :D

Posted (edited)

Nice map! Not very difficult. Even so, had some close calls :D

There were some missing textures here and there, but nothing that can't be easily fixed.

Just echoing the others: the music would be good for a short map but after 20 minutes it gets a little tiresome.

Here is an FDA on UV. I missed a lot of secrets and some kills. 

A huge improvement over Kombinat. Keep it up!

Edited by AshtralFiend

I tried this WAD, very challenging, the level design reminds me of the early DOOM II levels mixed with the Shores of Hell, might just be me but it feels like those 2 type of themes.

2 hours ago, AshtralFiend said:

There were some missing textures here and there

I... honestly don't know where it came from... I was sure that everything was clear there. Very weird...

Anyway, thank you for the game and for the video! You have a great gaming style, you are very clever at getting out of difficult situations

2 hours ago, AshtralFiend said:

A huge improvement over Kombinat. Keep it up!

So nice to hear :)

I just completed this level, it was very interesting, and the atmosphere was quite immersive. However, I still have three secrets left to find.

It wasn't too difficult but still quite challenging, looking forward to more works:)

On 5/4/2024 at 8:08 AM, LadyMistDragon said:

Hello, may I ask where I can find your status bar face mod?

I finally found all the secrets!

To be honest, I'm not so like of hiding the final secret at the beginning of the level like that, but you did give me the chance to go back and find it in the end, appreciated that:)

At the very end, I spent a lot of time finding that.

Very fun map, thank you!

Screenshot_Doom_20240516_002620.png.1f11c1a96d05c32e2d0b0e5b9e556af5.png

6 hours ago, Cecilia said:

I finally found all the secrets! 

Oh my! Very impressive!

To be honest, I didn’t think that anyone would be able to find the secret of the courtyard :D

And thank you for the game!

17 hours ago, Astar said:

Oh my! Very impressive!

To be honest, I didn’t think that anyone would be able to find the secret of the courtyard :D

And thank you for the game!

Actually, I didn't find any clues about that secret location, but I'm very sure that there's something wrong with that bookshelf in the Blue Card area. So, I kept searching here for a long time, as you can see, for over 50 minutes.

After that, the plasma gun place finally opened. It was too deep.

I really like the map you made. The overall completion is quite good, and the atmosphere of the levels fits the title well. It has a kind of urban legend cult movie feel. It's a bit of a pity that there's no title or background image at the end.

I plan to practice a few more times and then record a UVMAX video:)

8 minutes ago, Cecilia said:

I plan to practice a few more times and then record a UVMAX video:)

Oh, I'll watch with pleasure!

And thank you again!