Offering playtesting

Posted (edited)

I'd be pleased.
[Upload deleted, separated .wad file is here]
Map: E4M7
Title: Forsaken Resort
Difficulty: UV
Run: Practiced, preferably 100%
Compatibility: should be Vanilla, although I never tested on that compatibility myself. If it complains about anything I may have overlooked, try PrBoom+, if that doesn't do the charm either, just use GZDoom with Vanilla settings.

Notes:
- I made this map over 12 years ago, and while other maps in the wad were tested and reviewed by other users, this one got, by large, overlooked.
- At least two of the secrets are rather cryptic, so if you decide to do a 100% secrets run, I definitely recommend checking the map out in Doom Builder first.
- The track playing in the map is the same as in valkiriforce's Eternally Yours MAP07 ("Attack Ship - Covert Assault" (Iceplug) [Perfect Dark])
- The (deprecated) zip's name had nothing to do with me asking you to play E4M7 specifically. :)

Edited by The_MártonJános

Posted (edited)

Everybody Loves The Sunshine

(I love that Roy Ayers song, so, yep, that's the name)

Title: Everybody Loves The Sunshine

Compability: MBF21, theoretically it should be compatible with any port which supports MBF21 features [DSDA Doom, Woof, GZDoom, etc.]

Map: MAP01

Run: as you wish, but I prefer Blind Run

Note:

It's not my solo work, but a work for Paint-It Doom project

Edited by Vanilla+Unicorn

Posted (edited)

If you're bored check out some crate expectations or don't it's all good 

Good luck these always become taxing once you let the floodgates open 

Edit : one map is it. We'll map 21 if you fancy. Any other metrics your choice. It's multi port compatible etc

Or don't it's all good 

I'm pretty tired myself 

Edited by Clippy

Posted (edited)

If you want could you check out my Club FIREBLU? :) (blind/UV)

GZDoom in default compatibility should work!

Thank you!

Edited by DoctorNuriel

Dreamscape_Map01_Demo.zip

This is a "demo" of the first map from a 11-map wad I'm currently working on (nicknamed Dreamscape). Looking to get some feedback on the aesthetics of the wad and the flow of the map itself.

Wad: Dreamscape

Map: MAP01 (Tired Valley)

Complevel: 2

Desired Difficulty: HMP or UV (Main difference being couple extra enemies & less ammo on UV)

Playthrough: Blind

Should work / tested on: GZDoom 4.10.0, dsda-Doom 0.26, Crispy Doom 6.0

The second map of this wad I'm working  on has not been tested very thoroughly, so if you have the time, I'd be grateful to see what you make of it.

GZDoom

UV

Map2

Blind

@Astro X I also noticed you do commentary gameplay.

I don't know if you plan on doing commentary on these playtests, but if you do, please make sure to listen to how my name (MártonJános) is pronounced on the Hungarian setting of Google Translate.

Some info / back story behind this:

This is a Megawad for ultimate doom (Doom 1) i started back in October of 2022, the link to the wad is the newer version of the map set. There are Three episodes and a E4M1. Now i am not expecting you to play all three episodes but i do want some feed back on one map in this set. That being E3M5 Mystery.

It would help me out a lot if i can get some feedback since i feel like not enough people are giving me feed back on it.

It dose run in DSDA-Doom, it's vanilla format, I did mess around with the status bar so it dose look like what it dose "You'll see it when playing it" plus E3 is meant to be hard but not brutally hard like E4 (which is currently in the works).

I hope you enjoy it and if it gets rejected at least i threw it out there for someone to play test it :)

Taking a spot because I don’t have my computer on me right now. I’ll edit this later to provide the download and details

Here's one of my maps for the Tom's Halls community project, titled Observatory. It's not my favorite map that I submitted, but I feel like it could be the most using of feedback.

04_e1m10_v4.wad

Map: E2M1

IWAD: Ultimate Doom (You'll need to load the resource WAD with it as well: https://drive.google.com/file/d/19GosMEpBxCcHdEqEWcRhiCjfFqRL-sHc/view?usp=drivesdk)

Complevel: 3

Run: Blind

Hey @Astro X.  I have one map that I'd like you to test, but it's a bit of a private thing and I don't want to be posting public links of it.  I'll have sent you a private message hopefully by the time you read this.

genial_gennels.screenshot.png.25cf5ba892d96c369e32b9a7f889f9a0.png

hi! thank you for the offer. i would like to submit my map please, if that's ok with you. this is my submission for the [hell on world tour] community project.

[download here].

title: genial gennels.
map: map14.
iwad: doom2.
format: limit-removing.
source port: dsda complevel 2.
difficulty: uv.
run type: blind.

thanks in advance :)

Hey. I want to submit one of my maps of 666crets

title: Behind Closed Doors
map: map04
iwad: doom2.
format: Boom
source port: dsda complevel 9.
difficulty: uv.
run type: blind.

Thank you so much

Posted (edited)

Hey, I'd love for you to play through one of my maps for Doomium II!

DoomiumII-Map17-STO.zip

Note: Does require the resource file: Download resource wad

Title: Spectropolis

Map: Map17

Iwad: Doom 2

Format: Boom

Source port: Dsda Doom complevel 9

Run Type: blind

Thanks so much for your consideration!

doom100.png.3a80c70d75b50aba10bf845bf71346fc.png

Edited by stochastic
Uploaded latest map version

Posted (edited)

I want to submit my mod IMPSCAPE

Its a GZDoom mod with heavy changes to the gameplay, so you should read the manual first, as it explains a lot of its mechanics.

Map: MAP02

IWAD: DOOM2.WAD

Format: UDMF

Source: GZDoom 4.8.2 or newer

Difficulty: uv

Run type: blind but read the manual first

@Astro X i forgot to mention that you should use hardware renderer, because portals and other GZDoom stuff

Edited by URROVA

Posted (edited)

I got a WAD called Devilbuster Dreams. I've posted it around on DW but it's wildly out of date so I can send you the latest version I've built so far.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1oUiV8pnqWQc0cgt1m4XUuHBlx5psaxUZ/view?usp=sharing

Title: Killing of a Fallen Angel

MAP: MAP05

IWAD: DOOM2.WAD
Format: MBF21

Source Port: DSDA-Doom

Run Type: Blind

Edited by JackDBS

Posted (edited)

I'm working on a sequel to my 11-map WAD I released last year, and I need some feedback on the third map, as I am very unsure as to what's not working, just can't put my finger on it. I'll send a google drive link, react to my post when you request access to the folder, so I know for sure it's you.
https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1_RHToNkhZD74HXkRL6RmKIxPZlPMzJrm?usp=drive_link
I would prefer if you do it blind. It runs on GZDoom but without freelook or jumping. Test on ultra-violence, preferably. However, I must warn you, without proper routing you'll probably die in rapid succession. In other words, be careful.

Edit: this is usually redundant, but it's a doom 2 wad.

Edited by EPICALLL

19 hours ago, EPICALLL said:

I need some feedback on the third map

Hey, what's the name of the map?

Also, thanks everybody for the submissions :) I should be uploading stuff this weekend.

24 minutes ago, Astro X said:

Hey, what's the name of the map?

Also, thanks everybody for the submissions :) I should be uploading stuff this weekend.

Oh, right.

Valve Control.

Submissions list updated.

Thanks, this has been a lot of fun xd

Madness in the depths by me from Russian Random Speedmap Pack #1
Format - Boom
IWAD - Doom 2
Difficulty - UV
Source-port - DSDA

Created in 10 hours

Top left screenshot from this map (sorry, I don't have a clean screenshot handy yet)
Sprite-0001.png

Posted (edited)
On 5/13/2024 at 7:29 AM, Astro X said:

Submissions list updated.

Thanks, this has been a lot of fun xd

I watched your video and enjoyed it a lot (also gave feedback.)

Expect me to compile the download I promised in the following 3-5 business days. :)

[EDIT] requesting a new submission. E1M2 from the same file I uploaded, called "Neutron Reactor." This one was laid out in 2013 and finished in 2017, 4 years later (basically the last map I finished before I left the project to "rot.")

Same settings as for "Forsaken Resort" (difficulty, compatibility, run type, etc.) Soundtrack is "Watz Next?" from the Rise of the Triad OST.

Edited by The_MártonJános

Posted (edited)
5 hours ago, The_MártonJános said:

I watched your video and enjoyed it a lot

Yea, thanks for the submission!

I realized you asked for a practiced run, but I figured I'd start blind and - if I died - I'd switch to a walkthrough instead, like "you go here first, then you do this and that" kind of narration. But turned out I never died. So, do you want me to start blind and then switch to practiced, or play knowing the map from the start, for the next time?

Edited by Astro X

13 hours ago, Astro X said:

I realized you asked for a practiced run, but I figured I'd start blind and - if I died - I'd switch to a walkthrough instead, like "you go here first, then you do this and that" kind of narration. But turned out I never died. So, do you want me to start blind and then switch to practiced, or play knowing the map from the start, for the next time?

I don't think E1M2 is deadly enough to die to it even while blind running, so you could go the same route you did with E4M7 :)

My megawad fresh out of the microwave. I’d say “pick a map at random” which you can also do but I’ll go ahead and say MAP28 if you want to go with one