Duality (Version1.2) - MBF21 5 maps mini-wad

Very excited to see this released!

If you like smaller sized levels, this is the pack for you! Everything is so beautifully detailed.

Can't even begin to describe how much I enjoyed this pack.

Was a lot of fun playtesting, congrats on your release!!

:D

1 minute ago, Arrowhead said:

Very excited to see this released!

If you like smaller sized levels, this is the pack for you! Everything is so beautifully detailed.

Can't even begin to describe how much I enjoyed this pack.

Was a lot of fun playtesting, congrats on your release!!

:D

Thank you so much for the kind words!

Your feedback was super helpful and appreciated :D

Had fun testing these. 

The maps are very well detailed and have a certain charm to them that feels unique.  

Only 5 maps, go play it! 

Only played and finished a couple so far but it's fantastic. You're putting all the tools of MBF21 at work and the results are wonderful, very creative with the DoomCute, the attention to detail, the color combinations, stuff like the radsuit dispensers in 'Corrupted Conservatory' or the clever fight vs the custom cyber in 'Close Quarters Clean Up'. Awesome soundtrack too. It feels like a natural extension of 'Venom Vendetta' and I'm really excited to play the rest of it!

1 hour ago, mancubian_candidate said:

This map set is something special - comes highly recommended from me, well done @AshtralFiend Hope you all enjoy :)

1 hour ago, Treehouseminis said:

Had fun testing these. 

The maps are very well detailed and have a certain charm to them that feels unique.  

Only 5 maps, go play it! 

Thank you both for all the help playtesting this project!

Glad you had fun :D

12 minutes ago, DreadWanderer said:

Only played and finished a couple so far but it's fantastic. You're putting all the tools of MBF21 at work and the results are wonderful, very creative with the DoomCute, the attention to detail, the color combinations, stuff like the radsuit dispensers in 'Corrupted Conservatory' or the clever fight vs the custom cyber in 'Close Quarters Clean Up'. Awesome soundtrack too. It feels like a natural extension of 'Venom Vendetta' and I'm really excited to play the rest of it!

Thanks! I'm happy you are liking it thus far :D Venom Vendetta was such a fun map to make that it left me with more ideas! It was indeed what inspired me to do "Duality"

Wow, the detailing in the screenshots is super impressive! Premise is really cool too. I'll have to give this a shot. Hopefully in the coming days!

This looks wicked cool, looking forward to giving this one a spin

Fights on cramped spaces make me nervous, but this was very fun. The detail level is insane.
Another blast, as always.
Good job!

Hey there! congrats on the release! playtesting was a blast!

Anyone looking for highly detailed, short maps look no further. This is the wad for you :) 

I reckon your in for a cacoward with this one @AshtralFiend But hey, thats just me :) 

Have fun everybody!!  

Congrats on the release! It was fun seeing Duality shape up, I enjoyed playtesting 2 of the maps and I'll happily play through the rest of them now. :)

Just played through the first map. Love the visuals! It's got a fresh look to it. The music selection was awesome. It had me be-bopping around the level. Great fights. In the smaller rooms you have to remember you're in tight spaces and be careful you don't get too wild and catch yourself on things. I really enjoyed it. I'm going to continue to play, just don't have time tonight.

Finished it today, stellar. The progression plan gets a bit stale after map 3 but it's counterbalanced by the freshness of the layouts, the visuals, and the encounters. Couldn't figure out some of the secrets but I'm sure it's on me.

16 hours ago, Aeddes666 said:

Fights on cramped spaces make me nervous, but this was very fun. The detail level is insane.
Another blast, as always.
Good job!

How do you get your video to embed?

13 minutes ago, BunnyBun said:

How do you get your video to embed?

Create a playlist and link it.

Ahh, for just one video, just link the video.

I thought he want more than one video on same link.

My bad (and sry for bad english).

I just finished it on UV and had a blast! The maps look fantastic! Great texturing, detailing, and use of Doomcute. I liked how some maps had secret red keys that when used destroyed pesky turrets. The secrets themselves were good too! There were a few that were done in ways that I don't see often, making those ones fun to figure out. The combat worked really well too. Fights were fun and had good monster combinations. The small monster count made it so they weren't ball-busting, but still were a nice jolt of excitement. Ammo balance was good too! Had me managing ammo very carefully, but I always had enough for the map. Very high quality stuff here!

Thank you so much to everyone who already played Duality! I'm really happy with all the positive feedback thus far!

After the suggestion of several players, I decided to silence the decorative pistons. A new version with this and several other fixes has been uploaded.

Hope new and returning players have a smoother experience with these changes :)

6 hours ago, AshtralFiend said:

Thank you so much to everyone who already played Duality! I'm really happy with all the positive feedback thus far!

After the suggestion of several players, I decided to silence the decorative pistons. A new version with this and several other fixes has been uploaded.

Hope new and returning players have a smoother experience with these changes :)

Tbh I thought that the sound of the decorative pistons added a lot of personality to the maps, making them feel more alive. The same was true in 'Venom Vendetta'. I can see how it can be distracting for gameplay purposes though. Maybe simply lowering the volume for that specific sound would have been better. 

2 minutes ago, DreadWanderer said:

Tbh I thought that the sound of the decorative pistons added a lot of personality to the maps, making them feel more alive. The same was true in 'Venom Vendetta'. I can see how it can be distracting for gameplay purposes though. Maybe simply lowering the volume for that specific sound would have been better. 

I didn't mind, but some people found it a little annoying, which is fair. It was difficult to distinguish between pistons and other things activating.

Is there a reason there aren't any custom monsters?

A must play !

My only complait would be that the secrets are maybe too hard to find but it's not a big deal 

Beside that, you have no excuse to not give it a try 

9 hours ago, JXC said:

Is there a reason there aren't any custom monsters?

There is a cyber that fires homing rockets. Wasted plasma on it before I realised the map kills it 😂😂

Posted (edited)

I'm about half-way through playing this and really enjoying it. Just from an aesthetic point of view, I love the overall vibe you create through the colour schemes and attention to detail. Everything feels so finely crafted. Just really fun spaces and environments to explore and be inside.

Feedback wise, my only issue was

Spoiler

the instant death when entering the sea. I didn't notice the tiny warning sign on the beach and had to restart the level :-(

Edited by Jonathan