Waffle House [9 MBF21 Maps] [Idgames Release]

Hell yeah! I got into a fistfight behind the local Waffle House prior to making my map. Enjoy the waffles!

I can't believe this came of a gif I sent in discord vc 

Spoiler

congrats on release everyone!

I haven't even finished Pina Colada yet. Y'all are mapping faster than I'm playing!

I opened this without reading the MIDI credits and nearly got whiplash at the title screen music.  I can't tell you what a smile that put on my face.  Can't wait to play this!

1 hour ago, video_ouija said:

very good Gaza album

Love that album, the whole thing is a banger.

59 minutes ago, ProfBloom said:

I opened this without reading the MIDI credits and nearly got whiplash at the title screen music.  I can't tell you what a smile that put on my face.  Can't wait to play this!

Credits to you for introducing me to it!

MIDI Credits do not include a rendition of Special Lady (Waiting for Me at the Waffle House).

Withholding rating until I've watched Stxvile play full set on Twitch.

48 minutes ago, myolden said:

Love that album, the whole thing is a banger.

hell yeah, one of my favorites. I had a big gaza backpatch on my jacket. Fun and loco wad btw

Finished playing through this tonight, had a blast from start to finish.  The only real flaw I found was in map 06, there's no way out of those fountains.  Stellar work overall, though, loved it, great work everyone!

Prishpreed's Manuever??? A Gaza(band ) reference too? 

Ok instead of putting this on my list I'll play it sooner than later.  

vyqvaD7.gif.d5bb3d5fcce7ca6d449ed5dfae5e59f5.gif

waffling >>>> yapping

also, based Gaza enjoyer, didn't know there are people on this forum who even know the band.

12 hours ago, ProfBloom said:

Finished playing through this tonight, had a blast from start to finish.  The only real flaw I found was in map 06, there's no way out of those fountains.  Stellar work overall, though, loved it, great work everyone!

Dammit, I must have forgotten to make the Teleporters work. 

On 5/16/2024 at 7:21 AM, Treehouseminis said:

Prishpreed's Manuever???

no more teeth for prishpreed

Posted (edited)

This is such a banger mapset, maps are compact but full of calculated intense combat!

Bloody elegant genre which reminds me of Haste!

As for some technical feedback, I'm currently stuck in MAP08: after tysoning all the archies I don't see any way to progress further.

Doesn't seem like I had to do any archjumps either because I played the whole map on 1 hp and believe it was intended to do so.

Playing in DSDA-0.27.3

Edited by Arwel

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Arwel said:

This is such a banger mapset, maps are compact but full of calculated intense combat!

Bloody elegant genre which reminds me of Haste!

As for some technical feedback, I'm currently stuck in MAP08: after tysoning all the archies I don't see any way to progress further.

Doesn't seem like I had to do any archjumps either because I played the whole map on 1 hp and believe it was intended to do so.

Playing in DSDA-0.27.3

Hello, once you kills all the archviles in Map08, the path to the exit is supposed to open via the use of a bossaction in UMAPINFO. There is one random archvile in the Baron + Archie fight, but that one dies once you press the RK switch. The remaining viles are all located in the final fight. If all the viles in the map are dead as you say, then I'll have to test the wad in this version of DSDA to try to find out what is going on, but in theory it should have functioned correctly. I'll investigate further.

If you want to cheat your way to the exit, then idclip and press two switches on the east and west ends of the room. They are covered by the barrier that should have opened when you killed all the archies. That will open the exit.

Edited by taviow

26 minutes ago, taviow said:

Hello, once you kills all the archviles in Map08, the path to the exit is supposed to open via the use of a bossaction in UMAPINFO. There is one random archvile in the Baron + Archie fight, but that one dies once you press the RK switch. The remaining viles are all located in the final fight. If all the viles in the map are dead as you say, then I'll have to test the wad in this version of DSDA to try to find out what is going on, but in theory it should have functioned correctly. I'll investigate further.

If you want to cheat your way to the exit, then idclip and press two switches on the east and west ends of the room. They are covered by the barrier that should have opened when you killed all the archies. That will open the exit.

I checked walls with idclip and found this: https://imgur.com/a/w7P6lU8

Pushed voodoo a bit and it made imp teleport somewhere and die instantly, archie remains blocked.

23 minutes ago, Arwel said:

I checked walls with idclip and found this: https://imgur.com/a/w7P6lU8

Pushed voodoo a bit and it made imp teleport somewhere and die instantly, archie remains blocked.

Ok thank you, I understand what happened now. I'll update the map to address that situation.

Bumping this thread to shamelessly share the MIDI I wrote for my map, which you can listen to as many times as you want on my YouTube channel!

I've updated the link in the OP to point to the idgames download. A few fixes in this version. Thanks everyone!