[Community Project, limit-removing/-cl3+UMAPINFO] Death By 1000 Lines - Ultimate Doom community project - RC2

7 minutes ago, DeetOpianSky said:
  Hide contents

Well, I sat for half an hour on the map trying to figure out how to take this legally and even open builder didn't help me alas. So maybe this is a signal that it's worth making this point a little more accessible to the average player.

Well, I sat for half an hour on the map trying to figure out how to take this legally and even open builder didn't help me alas. So maybe this is a signal that it's worth making this point a little more accessible to the average player.

12 hours ago, Blast_Brothers said:

Oh, I thought the missing period was on purpose, since it was like that in your post. Wasn't there an arcade game or something that had its title stylized like that?

I sanity checked my submission post again and the name does end with a period. Hopefully I'm not coming across as hugely upset or anything, haha. Not at all. The submitted name was just the original intention.

I do vaguely recall there being a game stylizing it differently.

Posted (edited)

E1M3

Spoiler

It's possible to get outside the play area behind some of the mountains where there are also missing textures.

E1M8

Spoiler

If the crusher is used after all central barons are dead it's possible for the bossaction to be skipped resulting in a softlock (crushed monsters sometimes skip the initial death frame that triggers the boss action).

Thought I'd add that Barons are 16 map units high when they're killed as monster heights are quartered on death.
I noticed that the crushers stop 8 map units above the floor causing this issue.

I'll note anything else I see during the stream mentioned above, highly recommend watching the vod if you don't make it into Adam's stream!

Edited by DeetOpianSky
Corrected text.

46 minutes ago, DeetOpianSky said:

E1M3

Reveal hidden contents

It's possible to get outside the play area behind some of the mountains where there are also missing textures.

E1M8

Reveal hidden contents

If the crusher is used after all central barons are dead it's possible for the bossaction to be skipped resulting in a softlock (crushed monsters sometimes skip the initial death frame that triggers the boss action).

I'll note anything else I see during the stream mentioned above, highly recommend watching the vod if you don't make it into Adam's stream!

Thanks for the notes! I'll try to catch up with the VOD over the weekend. I'm hoping to get RC2 ready maybe next week sometime, I just want to give mappers a bit more time to submit updates.

Thanks for the updated map @Blue Phoenix! I will put this into the in-progress RC2. @DFF yours has been updated at my end too.

Update regarding RC2: I have been going through the maps in spare time, and correcting the little technical details that have been mentioned so far, stuff I could have caught during my own playtesting but failed to do so. I am hoping to have this ready to go before the end of this week, but I'm happy to wait a little longer to avoid going through more RC iterations than is necessary.

@Oxyde, any word on the updated version of your map you mentioned previously?

@DankMetal, IIRC you said you would make some changes to your E1M3. Any idea when we can expect that?

2 hours ago, Somniac said:

DankMetal, IIRC you said you would make some changes to your E1M3. Any idea when we can expect that?

Sorry if i haven't made anything, i was making a new midi for this map that i was planning to post alongside the bugfix.

I prefer leaving the midi for later, so expect something for tomorrow.

Currently adding difficulties and fixing bugs on my end too, this should be ready for this weekend.

You think you can fix and issue with one of teleports in my map? the one with the fire rock object is supposed to take you into the green marble arena but the object blocks you from touching the teleporter linedef.

4 hours ago, DankMetal said:

Sorry if i haven't made anything, i was making a new midi for this map that i was planning to post alongside the bugfix.

I prefer leaving the midi for later, so expect something for tomorrow.

3 hours ago, dac said:

Currently adding difficulties and fixing bugs on my end too, this should be ready for this weekend.

That's cool, thank you both!

10 minutes ago, somerandommarineguy said:

You think you can fix and issue with one of teleports in my map? the one with the fire rock object is supposed to take you into the green marble arena but the object blocks you from touching the teleporter linedef.

Sure thing! I will sort that out.

Db1k_E2M8_V3.zip

I think I fixed the HOM that shows up with hardware rendering. The invisible floor effect doesn't render correctly in hardware anymore - software is fine - but I figure it's better than it was before.

Super apologies (it's like standard apologies, but wearing a cape) for being late on this!

Here is a newer version with slightly edited difficulty (a bit more challenging in Coop and in the E3-esque section).

Level name is "Lambda Arcturus" because I couldn't come with anything even more creative.

Here is the file!

E3M6_Oxyde_v01c.zip

Posted (edited)

Updated my E1M5 map.

Changes:

1. Added a trail of candles to the blue door.

2. Made one secret switch more distinguishable.

3. Added an additional line behind the barrier near the blue keycard switch.

4. Brightened one secret sector.

5. Marked yellow and red key doors with bars instead of LITE5/LITE4 textures.

1kLines_E1M5_v2.rar

Edited by DukeOfDoom

Posted (edited)

Alright, sorry for taking so long for this simple bugfix.

BESTIALINVASIONRC2

Changelog:

• Added a wall in one of the invuln. secrets, i noticed that a lot of people fell out of the platform, making the secret permanently unreachable.
  • Changed the teleporter flats, at first i didn't want to add any satanic imagery, since this is an episode 1 map, but the level is called "Bestial Invasion", the invasion had to come out of somewhere. I also did this change because no one noticed the teleporter that lowers after you complete the painful platforming segment, in fact, they had the BALLS to make the crusher platforming segment again just to get to the secret exit (no one used the rocket launcher despite the obvious hints, lmao)
  • Some crushers are deactivated in HNTR/ ITYTD now.
  • More stuff for multiplayer.
  • Minor visual changes.
On 5/30/2024 at 8:40 PM, DeetOpianSky said:

Watching this on furiousfocket's Twitch Stream rn.

Damn Deet, you know a lot of doom streamers, it was so cool to see so many people play it! I hope they keep coming.

Edited by DankMetal

Thanks for the updates everyone! There is a decent chance that I'll be ready with RC2 later today. If not that, then tomorrow.

Posted (edited)

I made some updates to my map based on the recent livestreams. Thanks to Napsalm, furiousrocket, and Kirienatsuyuko for giving it a go!

• Fixed stuck Caco
  • The fixed HOM from the last update is slightly more fixed now
  • Moved rocket stash into crusher room to lead people into using the RL in there
  • Reduced rocket & cell ammo to lead people into finding the BFG instead of taking out the Cybers with other weapons
  • Teleport more Lost Souls into corners to cut down on camping in the final fight
  • Move a Caco that kept blocking a lift
  • Make the RL ambush less cheeseable and changed up the rooms a bit

Db1k_E2M8_V4.zip

Also, here are some updated WILV's: 1KUD_FixedWILVs.zip

Edited by Blast_Brothers

RC2 is here!

Changelog:

Spoiler

E1M1 - added block mons. line to stop the blue door guys bunching up in the nearby stairs
E1M2 - missing texture/bars too far apart/red key difficulties/ fire rock object all sorted
E1M3 - updated by author
E1M5 - updated by author
E1M6 - updated by author (think I had the wrong version last time - sorry!)
E2M3 - red bars fixed to require red key

E2M8 - updated by author
E2M9 - corrected slime sector w/ missing damage effect
E3M4 - updated by author
E3M6 - updated by author
E3M9 - updated by author
E4M2 - updated by author + minor nodes issue fixed (was causing a flat bleed in the surrounding lava sea)

E4M7 - updated by author

MUSINFO lump updated - appears to work correctly now
UMAPINFO lump updated to include levelpic definitions for the WILV graphics
Updated WILV graphics included

Enjoy, and please keep the feedback coming! Thanks again to @DeetOpianSky for getting this played on Twitch streams, I don't use it so I appreciate you spreading the word!

Here's an extremely minor suggestion, for the text for E1M4 in the tally screen to be "another moon" below "deimos tration in" since currently the first and last words don't fit within the screen if you have your aspect ratio set to 4:3 or something, or not "forced corrected" in crispy-doom. 

• 2 weeks later...

Is the door directly behind you on E1M1 supposed to be a HOM? Or rather, a DOM (door of mirrors)?

doom95.png

Thanks for the bug reports, will fix those asap! No idea where that door texture went lol. I've also fixed a pillar in E4M1 that wasn't showing the texture for some reason that I noticed in one of the other streams.

Posted (edited)

E3M9 Schism is mispelled in map title.

Also if you wouldn't mind making the switch action once to lower the floor that'd be great.

If you'd rather I make the update let me know and when you'd need it by.

Edited by DeetOpianSky
Corrected text.

Sorry, I got caught up with personal affairs and forgot about fixing up my maps. IIRC the only serious thing I wanted to fix was E4M9 not having difficulties, but would it be worth also tweaking my E3 map real quick for the final release (i.e. fixing the HOMs)?

On 6/15/2024 at 12:36 AM, DeetOpianSky said:

E3M9 Schism is mispelled in map title.

Also if you wouldn't mind making the switch action once to lower the floor that'd be great.

If you'd rather I make the update let me know and when you'd need it by.

Sure thing, I'll take care of it! I can try fixing the graphic too as it only needs some letters swapped around, should be fairly easy.

On 6/16/2024 at 2:02 AM, JustAthel said:

Sorry, I got caught up with personal affairs and forgot about fixing up my maps. IIRC the only serious thing I wanted to fix was E4M9 not having difficulties, but would it be worth also tweaking my E3 map real quick for the final release (i.e. fixing the HOMs)?

That's okay, and yeah its worth fixing both so go ahead :)

6 hours ago, Blue Phoenix said:

E3M4 Another Time & Place

https://www.dropbox.com/scl/fi/4t9seeuxjqodenh7dgpxt/another-time-and-place-v3.1.zip?rlkey=yffp0zwfpwdzo9c7ecpmgx3f3&st=ezq16wss&dl=0

V3.1

- Some minor texturing mistakes

- Fixed a line not indexing the correct sector

Thanks for the update!