[Community Project, limit-removing/-cl3+UMAPINFO] Death By 1000 Lines - Ultimate Doom community project - RC2

Posted (edited)

E1M7: Secret sector 162 can only be lowered twice with its linedefs (697 and 698) being S1. Not sure if intentional.

E2M4: First switch when triggered does not show that its flipped.

E3M3: One closet (sector 120) doesn't lower, three lost souls (82, 83, 84) don't come out.

E3M4: random suggestion but make it so that the teleporter leading to the exit platform actually look like it's lowering, cause I thought I was stuck.

E3M7: honestly this needs to be the secret level. Way too confusing and a total roadblock for UV normies, swap it with the current secret map imo.

E4M9: no music for some reason.

Edited by NuMetalManiak
Done

Posted (edited)

Started my playthrough, made it to e1m9 so far. This is classic dooming at its finest, great stuff. Not sure how I feel about Nell's theme as music of choice in a Doom level though ahahaha.

Also, this project has got me thinking how many of the og doom levels had <=1000 lines. Because so far I definitely wouldn't call this concise by any means.

E2M4: this teleporter closet is broken: https://prnt.sc/J8vsf37Pfs8_

E3M3: broken closet with lost souls: https://prnt.sc/wIJB6JkOOgPo

Edited by Firedust

Thank you both for the feedback and bug reports! I will get around to addressing that when I can, been pretty busy recently but I'll be off work next week so I'll have time to time to go through this in detail.

On 6/17/2024 at 11:07 PM, Firedust said:

Also, this project has got me thinking how many of the og doom levels had <=1000 lines. Because so far I definitely wouldn't call this concise by any means.

Well, for KDITD at least, E1M2/E1M3/E1M6 are the only maps to exceed 1000 lines. E1M7 gets close, but not quite at 958. The lowest in E1 is (unsurprisingly) E1M8 with just 333 :p

On 6/17/2024 at 7:33 PM, NuMetalManiak said:

E3M7: honestly this needs to be the secret level. Way too confusing and a total roadblock for UV normies, swap it with the current secret map imo.

You know, I think this is a good point. I really liked E3M7 as I thought the concept was both bizarre and original, but I do see how it could frustrate players. I found it pretty difficult myself, but I thought it might be something that speedrunners would enjoy figuring out. @Scionox, @DeetOpianSky how do you both feel about this? Would you be alright with the slots being swapped? I know its pretty late to be asking this, so if that's not cool I understand, but I think it might be a good decision.

30 minutes ago, Somniac said:

Thank you both for the feedback and bug reports! I will get around to addressing that when I can, been pretty busy recently but I'll be off work next week so I'll have time to time to go through this in detail.

Well, for KDITD at least, E1M2/E1M3/E1M6 are the only maps to exceed 1000 lines. E1M7 gets close, but not quite at 958. The lowest in E1 is (unsurprisingly) E1M8 with just 333 :p

You know, I think this is a good point. I really liked E3M7 as I thought the concept was both bizarre and original, but I do see how it could frustrate players. I found it pretty difficult myself, but I thought it might be something that speedrunners would enjoy figuring out. @Scionox, @DeetOpianSky how do you both feel about this? Would you be alright with the slots being swapped? I know its pretty late to be asking this, so if that's not cool I understand, but I think it might be a good decision.

If it's best for the project; I'm okay with it.