How would you describe your mapping philosophy?

6 hours ago, DoctorNuriel said:

...personally I play with Always Run turned off.

Your the first person I've ever heard of to play with this preference. I imagine it's like a whole other difficulty level on it's own, making it much more difficult to dodge or outrun enemies. I've nearly forgotten that NOT running is even a thing, unless I accidentally hit the caps button. I actually want to try playing this way sometime just to see how it goes.

My maps tend to be small but detailed - I'll map for up to a month and end up with a 10 minute map.

Often, but not always, they are tech-base inspired.

I generally avoid large, out-door areas and stick with internal structures where I can make creative use of lighting.

I aim for my maps to provide a fun, immersive experience and I choose my monsters and their locations to compliment this.

I want to make weapon choice take at least some kind of consideration to handle encounters.

I do not enjoy slaughter, nor do I enjoy maps if they are too easy or too difficult. A map where I can finish with about half health and just enough ammunition feels about the right level of challenge.