I was today years old when I realized that doomguy holds and reloads the super shotgun with two left hands

Posted (edited)

Jesus.....

As this thread demonstrates.....

Post Hell's not coming back, sorry.

Edited by LadyMistDragon

He fell into some nukage in episode 1 so he mutated

Posted (edited)

Wat. He's just snapping it open while holding the weapon in his right hand, slapping in shells with his left hand, like you would as a right-handed user, and then closing it; with the same hand.

What's more an oddity if one thinks about it is that he's left-handed with punching and using his sidearm but is otherwise right-handed with main arms. Though it's possible that he's ambidextrous, with a bias for his left hand for some things. I know I am! roaring canned laughter

Edited by Lila Feuer

2 minutes ago, Lila Feuer said:

Wat. He's just snapping it open while holding the weapon in his right hand, slapping in shells with his left hand, like you would as a right-handed user, and then closing it; with the same hand.

What's more an oddity if one thinks about it is that he's left-handed with punching and using his sidearm but is otherwise right-handed with main arms. Though it's possible that he's ambidextrous, with a bias for his left hand for some things. I know I am! roaring canned laughter

hes holding a monster ultra in his right hand when he shoots the pistol

That's just how a double barrel shotgun is loaded. Albeit this example is showing how to do it fast, but it's usually how you reload it.

Posted (edited)

No? I think you just don’t know how to reload a double barrel shotgun. He is using the left hand to reload and to hold the forend. The right hand is holding the stock where the trigger(s) are. Even with Doom not being the most accurate depiction of weapons, this is how many people reload guns by using their non-dominant hand, most people do not want to have to realign their firing hand between reloads. 

Edited by DNSKILL5

I love when people think they discovered something, and then it turns out to be them not understanding how a double-barreled shotgun works.

21 minutes ago, Lila Feuer said:

Can do with eye dominance. I handle/shoot shotguns and rifles with my left hand on the trigger/grip because I am left-eye dominant, but I am firmly right handed.

When I shoot pistols I hold them in my right hand, if I held them in my left it would be disastrous and dangerous.

18 minutes ago, oneselfSelf said:

That's just how a double barrel shotgun is loaded. Albeit this example is showing how to do it fast, but it's usually how you reload it.

16 minutes ago, DNSKILL5 said:

No? I think you just don’t know how to reload a double barrel shotgun. He is using the left hand to reload and to hold the forend. The right hand is holding the stock where the trigger(s) are. Even with Doom not being the most accurate depiction of weapons, this is how many people reload guns by using their non-dominant hand, most people do not want to have to realign their firing hand between reloads. 

oh yeah now that I see it it does make sense, I thought they were supposed to be different hands

As others have stated, that's just how you operate a break action shotgun. Granted, the animation skips over the part where the hand would grab shells and bring them behind the gun, so it looks like the left hand teleports from holding the front of the gun to loading shells in the rear, but that's more of a timing issue than the frames themselves being wrong.

If you want to believe it, just assume the SSG has ejectors instead of extractors. No hand work necessary, ejectors can pop spent shells out far and fast.

You also have to question the video game logic of SBS double barreled shotguns being extremely viable weapons against brick shithouse demons when there are shotguns that fire faster and have way more ammo. But eh, it was the 90s.

1 hour ago, Decay said:

Can do with eye dominance. I handle/shoot shotguns and rifles with my left hand on the trigger/grip because I am left-eye dominant, but I am firmly right handed.

same here, left hand rifle, right hand pistol. It's goofy

2 hours ago, Lila Feuer said:

You also have to question the video game logic of SBS double barreled shotguns being extremely viable weapons against brick shithouse demons when there are shotguns that fire faster and have way more ammo. But eh, it was the 90s.

I call it Evil Dead logic.

I'm also right handed, but when I hold something like a golf club or a bat with 2 hands, I do it left handed. I never understood why it's considered left handed that way.