How to delete Blood maps

Posted (edited)

Hi.

Can someone please explain me, how to delete maps from blood game? Specifically I want to delete all maps except 1st episode (like in shareware). So that other episodes not available for the player, unable to start game from other episodes. Which file contains maps and how to delete them?

I have version 1.11, files:

Blood.rff, sounds.rff, gui.rff

Surface.dat, tables.dat, voxel.dat

Tiles000.art....tiles015.art

Edited by roboticmehdi2

1.) why

2.) why

3.) You can add or remove episodes from the game by editing BLOOD.INI

Posted (edited)

I have my own absurd reason for this. Editing blood.ini is not enough, I want actual map data be deleted. I think build engine uses .map file? But where are the maps located?

Kinsie, your avatar is funny because I imagine you looking like that when asking why :D

Edited by roboticmehdi2

10 hours ago, Marmiteman02 said:

I think Blood has a user con like in Duke Nukem 3D.

It does not.

6 hours ago, roboticmehdi2 said:

Thanks!

But you literally said this yourself in the OP: ''Specifically I want to delete all maps except 1st episode (like in shareware). So that other episodes not available for the player, unable to start game from other episodes.''

So why is ''Just play shareware'' the correct answer? You couldn't think of this? Honest question.

5 minutes ago, Redneckerz said:

But you literally said this yourself in the OP: ''Specifically I want to delete all maps except 1st episode (like in shareware). So that other episodes not available for the player, unable to start game from other episodes.''

So why is ''Just play shareware'' the correct answer? You couldn't think of this? Honest question.

It's possible that OP didn't know it was an option. I didn't know until recently how easily-available the Doom alphas are.