St. Anger isn't bad

I agree. While it is certainly far from the best Metallica has to offer, I have found great comfort in the songs of St Anger during periods of my life where I was experiencing immense frustration and anger. They are raw and emotional.

3 minutes ago, NecrumWarrior said:

I agree. While it is certainly far from the best Metallica has to offer, I have found great comfort in the songs of St Anger during periods of my life where I was experiencing immense frustration and anger. They are raw and emotional.

yeah! it kick ass

but lulu is god awful, it is the FO:BOS of metallica, unsalvagable

1 minute ago, Osmosis Bones said:

MY LIFESTYLE DETERMINES MY DEATHSTYLE🔥🗣️

I'M MADDLY IN LOVE WITH YOU 

Just now, esselfortium said:

I have no strong feelings on Metallica, but I am sad you stopped posting in-character.

Grungo Gang stay Grung-Ho for life

22 minutes ago, Grungo said:

you're just a buncha haters

never heard the trashcan most claim to hear. i liked it when i heard it first. found some appreciation to it after a while when i wasn't being told by others to hate it.

I personally really like that one fanmade recreation of it that had different drums n such

2 hours ago, Grungo said:

you're just a buncha haters

So johnny cruelty and grungo were both Esco this whole time?

Eh, you can kind of hear the trash banging in the background. I won't be spending time hating on it but that is quite the take

Although "My lifestyle determines my deathstyle!" is not the worst Metallica lyric. That honour belongs to "Suck on a bullet, suck on it, suck on it, suck it until its dry!" Speaks for it's fucking self.

1 minute ago, LadyMistDragon said:

Although "My lifestyle determines my deathstyle!" is not the worst Metallica lyric. That honour belongs to "Suck on a bullet, suck on it, suck on it, suck it until its dry!" Speaks for it's fucking self. 

What about "I AM THE TABLE!!!!!"?

3 minutes ago, Logamuffin said:

What about "I AM THE TABLE!!!!!"?

I think that was technically Lou Reed since it was from Lulu.

I mean, one's lifestyle CAN affect the way they die, so... idk, it doesn't sound that goofy to me

46 minutes ago, Grungo said:

St. Anger isn't bad

He never gets respect...

21 minutes ago, LadyMistDragon said:

One word... yikes. That's angry teenager in basement level bad.

It isn't bad, it's atrocious!

I barely ever listened to Metallica, so I'm all for hating on a popular album to hate that I never listened to!

As a long time Metallica fan (I've been fading away from them lately) St. Anger is such a trash album imo.

The audio EQ is bad, the drums sounds like Lars is hitting trash cans, kirk and james's guitars sound like dog water

and not to mention that Lars said "St. Anger was a therapeutic album we made because we we're angry".

Fock off with that shit lars! Go sue more collage kids and steal there money like you did with Naspter.

Posted (edited)

i like their proggy ballad stuff, and sick thrash rhythms and solos, st anger has nothing i love about metallica in it, its the peak of butt rock

edit: i dont even care about the bad mastering and production, its the actual composition that is totally miserable

Edited by fruity lerlups

St. Anger is horrendous lol, it's like Godsmack sped up their metronome and recorded the results. Even as an unashamed 2000's buttrock/post-grunge fan it's bad. Aaron Lewis could write more cutting edge material. 

It's one of the best albums about Myspace ever.

I hide inside
I hurt inside
I hide inside, bull I'll show you...
I'm OK, just go away
Into distance let me fade
I'm OK, just go away
I'm OK, but please don't stray too far

-XxStAngerLarsXx

I knew someone who echoed the same sentiments as @NecrumWarrior before so to hear it again must tell me there's clearly something there for what listeners it has, and while personally Metallica gives me a headache in general I'm not going to hate on one of their least well received works for the lulz just because the production wasn't good, if it made some listeners happy then that's the whole point. It's as subjective as some purportedly bad films or bad video games. There's usually some kind of artistic merit or thought put into something and for that it can resonate with a crowd, even if it's a small one. I love Alien 3 and Shogo.

People who hate the snare on St. Anger are the same who enjoy Mustaine's Donald Duck vocals.

57 minutes ago, Amaruψ said:

People who hate the snare on St. Anger are the same who enjoy Mustaine's Donald Duck vocals.

Early or later years Mustaine? Early years Mustaine is eh, later Mustaine is ok.

2 hours ago, Amaruψ said:

Ive always called him an angry gremlin/goblin myself.

Also, you know your a doom nut when 'Mustaine' in your head automatically means Tom Mustaine, not THAT one.