Eureka fountains [MBF21]

Just finished it, quite an enjoyable map! Definitely like the visuals and the music choice! The combat has a nice flow to it. Overall, a good map!

7 hours ago, 97th Century Fox said:

Just finished it, quite an enjoyable map! Definitely like the visuals and the music choice! The combat has a nice flow to it. Overall, a good map!

Thanks for playing! : )

8 hours ago, LadyMistDragon said:

Cool Arch-vile usage :)

It is ill-advised to press buttons while running in the middle of a fight, but I admire how you handled such decisions xD

Hey, Eureka is my editor of choice! Sure feels like it's from past century despite being updated somewhat recently. Actually, i didn't know it's got mbf21 support. Did you make it boom format and looked up the new numbers for line triggers? 

Good job

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, Sneezy McGlassFace said:

Hey, Eureka is my editor of choice! Sure feels like it's from past century despite being updated somewhat recently. Actually, i didn't know it's got mbf21 support. Did you make it boom format and looked up the new numbers for line triggers? 

Good job

Actually, the MBF21 format changes were made in UDB. I only made about 75% of the map in eureka before been done with the experiment and switching.

Eureka has some nice things. The simplicity of some of the ui and the workflow is nice, but I cannot deal with the sectors broken when merging and other QoL issues. Maybe if I make an attempt in the future to make a "shovelware aesthetics" map I'll try again.

Edited by RataUnderground

26 minutes ago, BunnyBun said:

Such a cool map! Sorry to hear it was frustrating to make! Some parts got me good! Here is my playthrough commentary of the map: 

https://youtu.be/x6PYs8Kc2-w

Thank you very much for playing! It was a pleasant surprise to see your video appear in my YouTube inbox.
Answering some of the questions you ask in your video, I haven't stopped to add different levels of difficulty because I finished this map at two in the morning and I was really eager to release it to Doomworld now.
The reason I tried to do it in Eureka (although I had to end it in UDB) is because Eureka is supported on Linux and UDB is not, and I wanted to see if it was possible for me to make the switch without having to go through the hassle of loading UDB with Wine.
Regarding creating textures, I used to use aseprite for it, but I use Krita just as much. Both are good applications. Something I should perhaps mention is that I have been a professional artist for 16 years and six years of experience as a 3D artist in a video game studio. I practically never map unless I introduce some of my own textures to give it a different flavor. Maybe it would be of interest to the community if I explained my process? Let me know.
Anyway, I really liked your gameplay, you have defended yourself very well, even though you haven't found any of the secrets :)

Joining the FDA crew!

So I ran into a softlock near the end (the door that closes abruptly can lock you outside of the exit), but other than that, well made stuff!

On 6/3/2024 at 3:48 PM, Oxyde said:

Joining the FDA crew!

So I ran into a softlock near the end (the door that closes abruptly can lock you outside of the exit), but other than that, well made stuff!

Thanks for playing!

I fixed the softlock and some other things that bugged me.

Version 2.0 is out! https://mega.nz/file/EbJBQYSY#6epYUreEJQH7fnGCp-bmsT86HIjCy9kkiBZ_GExVp60