Demonic Research Institute - Doom 2 vanilla single map

4 hours ago, piXelicidio said:

(110) Items, (93) Items, (5) Secrets.

I think you probably meant 110 monsters. Anyway, good stuff!

17 minutes ago, Astro X said:

I think you probably meant 110 monsters. Anyway, good stuff!

Ha! Thanks right, fixed, thank you! 

This took me much longer than I thought it was going to based on the information in the post! Very enjoyable map to play through. Normally I miss not having the SSG (couldn't work out how to get it), but here I didn't. Just enough RL ammo to punch through a few fights while at the same time not enough to just fire wildly. I also liked the small stashes of health and ammo if you had the Blue Key.

48 minutes ago, Degree23 said:

This took me much longer than I thought it was going to based on the information in the post! Very enjoyable map to play through. Normally I miss not having the SSG (couldn't work out how to get it), but here I didn't. Just enough RL ammo to punch through a few fights while at the same time not enough to just fire wildly. I also liked the small stashes of health and ammo if you had the Blue Key.

I'm glad you enjoyed playing it! 
I would like to make a better completion time estimation from other people playing, is being hard to get players/testers... 

The path to the super shotgun while not easy, is in fact not "locked" behind any key or wall-hump secrets, if you you don't plan to try again I can show you via PM.
I always add visual clues to everything in my maps.

ha! That's cool you liked looting those security staff stashes. 
Thanks for the feedback!

1 hour ago, piXelicidio said:

I would like to make a better completion time estimation from other people playing, is being hard to get players/testers... 

It was mainly the non-linearness of it that added to the time - but not in a bad way. I did notice that I had removed one of the barriers to the SSG, but by the time I noticed I had all the keys already and had seen from the monster count I was nearly done with the map, so I just went on without it.

it was fun playtesting it i tried it again as noticed some changes

design and visuals are great i must say, fights can be more challenging but still enjoyable 

my first exit uvmax again

prboom cl2 uv demo popi9.zip

A very atmospheric beginning, kind of like Map 14 of Rebirth in tone, very much like a decaying and ruined feel until we enter the DRI which is a complete contrast in every way. Although the return to it regarding the tunnel leading to the bright daylight exit was also nice.

2 hours ago, Zahid said:

it was fun playtesting it i tried it again as noticed some changes

design and visuals are great i must say, fights can be more challenging but still enjoyable 

my first exit uvmax again

prboom cl2 uv demo popi9.zip

Nice! 
I definitely have to learn some of your tricks before I start making any other maps!
Like  dealing with Revenant and Archivile with that equanimity :) 

56 minutes ago, LadyMistDragon said:

A very atmospheric beginning, kind of like Map 14 of Rebirth in tone, very much like a decaying and ruined feel until we enter the DRI which is a complete contrast in every way. Although the return to it regarding the tunnel leading to the bright daylight exit was also nice.

Thank you! It's great you made and shared a recording, the fact you keep playing it for 30 minutes I think means you didn't hated it! :D 
It is always delightful to see how your thinking process many times matches what it was intended by design.

Posted (edited)

Good map! If a tad on the easy side, combat encounter-wise. But great level design overall. I always had enough shells for the SSG.

I also got all secrets, the rocket jump secret in particular took a while to figure out. But it's fun to see nice rewards hidden behind gameplay puzzles.

The only issues I found were a few misaligned and/or odd textures; one at one of the doors in the beginning, with wood panels not aligning due to height differences. Another near the teleporting cacodemon room that just a lacked door track texture. And a few boxes near the Plasmagun secret that had the wrong floor flats (brown for gray crate, etc).

But nothing gamebreaking. All in all, a fun and atmospheric map with clever secrets.

Edited by Zesiir

7 hours ago, Zesiir said:

Good map! If a tad on the easy side, combat encounter-wise. But great level design overall. I always had enough shells for the SSG.

I also got all secrets, the rocket jump secret in particular took a while to figure out. But it's fun to see nice rewards hidden behind gameplay puzzles.

The only issues I found were a few misaligned and/or odd textures; one at one of the doors in the beginning, with wood panels not aligning due to height differences. Another near the teleporting cacodemon room that just a lacked door track texture. And a few boxes near the Plasmagun secret that had the wrong floor flats (brown for gray crate, etc).

But nothing gamebreaking. All in all, a fun and atmospheric map with clever secrets.

Thanks for playing!
Good catches I'll try to find and fix all those texture issues.
Is a fact I'm can't produce higher difficulty maps when I can beat them myself XD ... need to practice more!
Glad you liked!

Very fun map with some really clever secrets, took me a while to find them all! :-)

Thanks for creating the map.

6 hours ago, DoomBerry said:

Very fun map with some really clever secrets, took me a while to find them all! :-)

Thanks for creating the map.

You're welcome! I'm glad you didn't give up discovering all secrets and had fun in the process!

Also, I just fixed texture issues found by Zeziir and updated the file.