[Doom 2 community project] Tribute Quilt II - collectively making one big map out of entirety of Doom II [Beta 2 release (hotfix edition)]

So I will be reacting to your claim posts, that means I saw them; I will also add them to table (You can see it, right?).

I won't individually reply to claims.

Just now, Demonic Meatball said:

If the deadline is not too soon

The deadline is individually a week since the claim. It should be enough to to make a tiny map based off existing one, it's mainly to prevent people from taking it and forgetting.

6 minutes ago, Demonic Meatball said:

Ok, si I shouldn’t claim it now. Wanted to do it once my exams were done. 

Very well. Hopefully there will be openings for you in the future.

Hmmm ... Will secret maps be part of the quilt map or separate via secret exit? If the former, I'd like to change my claim to The Chasm (map24). If the latter, I'll stick to Industrial Zone. (Sorry in advance for every confusion this might cause.)

22 minutes ago, Grizzly Old B said:

Hmmm ... Will secret maps be part of the quilt map or separate via secret exit? If the former, I'd like to change my claim to The Chasm (map24). If the latter, I'll stick to Industrial Zone. (Sorry in advance for every confusion this might cause.)

Will be part of Quilt map. So MAP24 for you it is.

While we at it, please don't make inescapeable pits. I know Chasm had them but they are no fun at all.

28 minutes ago, ViolentBeetle said:

Will be part of Quilt map. So MAP24 for you it is.

While we at it, please don't make inescapeable pits. I know Chasm had them but they are no fun at all.

Wasn't planning on that! 😅

Posted (edited)
5 hours ago, ViolentBeetle said:

The map needs to fit into 1024x1024 segments. It must not have any geometry extend beyond the boundaries and it must not have any lines along the boundaries. Vertices can be placed there, but preferably not; to help stitching. Consult samplemap to help you understand layout. Make sure not to move it to not disrupt flats alignment.

• Each map needs connectors with nearby segments, as samplemap shows. You need to retain at least 2, preferably 3 or 4. We won't have much use for segments that have 2 exists on the opposite end of the segment, so don't do that. You can adjust the height of connectors - but the ceiling must be at least at height 80 and floor between -8 and +16 (So they would all be walkable)
  •  

Im sorry but i dont exactly understand this? i understand the 1024 x 1024 part, i suppose it just means the map you make must fit in an 1024 by 1024 square, but what is this about connectors exactly? i dont mean to bother anyone but i dont exactly understand, samplemap doesn't help either

i gotta ask this before i say i want to take a slot, so i understand the premise entirely

Edited by Patrick_Plays_Doom

34 minutes ago, Patrick_Plays_Doom said:

Im sorry but i dont exactly understand this? i understand the 1024 x 1024 part, i suppose it just means the map you make must fit in an 1024 by 1024 square, but what is this about connectors exactly?

I'm not sure which part is unclear. On a sample map there's 4 FIREBLU walls - this is where other segments will start. Your submission must be confined to a square and not ineract/share geometry/open to with other parts. When we have all the submissione, I'll stitch them together to form 1 map.

Heights are given to ensure all connections are walkable.

1 minute ago, Grizzly Old B said:

Are monster closets/voodoo dolls allowed outside the 1024² square?

If there were teleporting monsters in the original, they would be allowed, but I don't remember any in Chasm.

I'm also not sure what you expect to do with Voodoo dolls on complevel 2.

31 minutes ago, ViolentBeetle said:

If there were teleporting monsters in the original, they would be allowed, but I don't remember any in Chasm.

I'm also not sure what you expect to do with Voodoo dolls on complevel 2.

Seems I suck at reading instructions.

Posted (edited)

That map piece looks like it was dead simple to make.

:)

Edited by VICE