Doom Chronicles

Posted (edited)

https://drive.google.com/file/d/14Acs6zZPR2ovcZDvGGyIMX8TmAlcgrQV/view?usp=sharing

GZDoom: Doom 2 (UDMF) 
ZDoom ACS

custom music from:
Cannibal Corpse
Attack Attack
Job For A Cowboy
Slipknot  

and more Metal

only map01-03 are made and I figured I can make all 32 new levels however how do I make only 10 levels on one wad and delete the other 22 maps?

if anyone can play the maps and tell me your opinion if they are good and what I can do to make them better that would be awesome, these are my first maps I have made and I can still edit them and make some adjustments to improve the design. 

I need help making the skies look better and also I am looking on how to replace the intro screen and also how to edit the end screens of each level with the new level names etc. 

Edited by MisterFiveStars
update

• 2 weeks later...

If you're posting a wad, it should go in the Wad Releases and Development main forum as opposed to this sub forum because this is really meant to discuss wads which are previously released. You'll tend to get a little bit more attention that way but nothing can be guaranteed. 

Anyway, that question about deleting maps and replacing them is confusing and belongs more in Doom Editing

So I did check this out.

One thing that really stood out was how under-detailed practically every room and hallway is. It's not terribly important in hallways but at the very least, making hallways of nothing but STARTAN2 or CONCRTE is probably something that's best avoided and past a certain length, they should probably be spiced up with columns or something. Because as of now, these maps look very plain. 

There are other things to note such as the oddly high secret count, how easy it is to finish the first couple of maps in less than a couple of minutes each due to how they're structured more so than their size. But rn, I need to check some other Doom things out, maybe play some Helldivers later. 

Posted (edited)
On 6/5/2024 at 6:32 PM, MisterFiveStars said:

Only map01-03 are made and I figured I can make all 32 new levels however how do I make only 10 levels on one wad and delete the other 22 maps?

if anyone can play the maps and tell me your opinion if they are good and what I can do to make them better that would be awesome, these are my first maps I have made and I can still edit them and make some adjustments to improve the design. 

I need help making the skies look better and also I am looking on how to replace the intro screen and also how to edit the end screens of each level with the new level names etc. 

What you can do is make a map with no exit after you have 10 levels that serves as a 'credits map'. IIRC there's a way to have a script that prevents progression beyond Map 10 as well. There's no need to delete the other 22.

I'll edit this post once I've checked your map.

Edit: After playing the level.. that is a lot of secrets, are they tied to item pickups? As for the skies now that I've seen it, make sure to only have the ceiling set as a sky texture and leave any walls that you want to be the sky with no texture. It's very rock n roll Doomy, but you could easily go much more creative in the detailing. The flashing on the second level is very difficult to play with since none of the flashing sectors were in sync when I played through it.

Honestly? It's a promising start. I remember when I was faced with the same issues that you have currently when I started my foray into mapping.

You're best directing your questions related to level editing to the appropriate forum.

Edited by ClumsyCryptid
Played the wad, tossed out my two cents.