problem with a custom doomguy head sprite

Ordon

Question

Hello, everyone

I'm making a new DOOM wad, and I have encountered a weird bug, when I try to run the game in Chocolate Doom, upon entering the first map I get an error called

"Bad V_DrawPatch". 

I have messed with the files a bit and probably the reason for this error, is that the custom sprite for doomguy's head in the hud is too big. Could someone tell me how can I fix this problem? I have attached both the WAD and DEH if someone wants to take a look at it (no maps included)

DOOMWORLDTEST.ZIP

4 answers to this question

Posted (edited)
27 minutes ago, Ordon said:

the custom sprite for doomguy's head in the hud is too big.

What I am seeing in your wad about the Face in the HUD is that its not using the vanilla address names used by Doom. THat seems to the main issue. The only thing your DEHACKED appears to be doing is affecting the weapon mechanics, so its pretty unlikely that it is causing problems.

As for the HUD Face-- I double checked its Names versus FreeDoom, and they are not identical. Nothing in the Dehack appears to be targeting the HUD data or Hud animations.

Edited by kalensar

9 hours ago, kalensar said:

What I am seeing in your wad about the Face in the HUD is that its not using the vanilla address names used by Doom. THat seems to the main issue. The only thing your DEHACKED appears to be doing is affecting the weapon mechanics, so its pretty unlikely that it is causing problems.

As for the HUD Face-- I double checked its Names versus FreeDoom, and they are not identical. Nothing in the Dehack appears to be targeting the HUD data or Hud animations.

so what should I do? What should I rename those face sprites to? 

1 hour ago, Ordon said:

so what should I do

Just open your WAD and FreeDoom and line the heads up and make the file names match to the FreeDoom ones

On 6/9/2024 at 9:50 PM, kalensar said:

Just open your WAD and FreeDoom and line the heads up and make the file names match to the FreeDoom ones

did ALL of that, nothing changed