DOOM: THE DARK AGES (DOOM 6)

17 hours ago, SkeletSpook said:

You know what I'm kinda hoping it's not going to be a Quake1 reboot/direct sequel.

I doubt they'll backpedal when they renamed the Quad Damage in 2016 to Onslaught in DE.

TODAY IS THE DAY! In the next few hours, we will see if the leaks and rumors are true or false. I personally think they are true, and we will be getting a new trailer for a new DOOM game. It would be nice if turns out all of the leaks were false and we were actually getting a Quake reboot, but I don't think that's going to happen... 😭

Tune in here in the next hour if you're interested:

1 minute ago, Eurisko said:

HOLY SHIT!! 

My man really went captain america with the shield lolmao

Looks incredible!! Can’t wait. Thank God it’s not an Xbox Exclusive.

Well played Microsoft.  

Looks Amazing, feel fast, have a lot of set pieces and hopefully have a good weapons interactions.

And it's feel like a good way to continue the Nu-Doom lore without still locking out stuff.

Dark Ages looks very much like Doom. And even a big battlesuit?

This is going to be awesome.

Looks bloody brilliant fun from the trailer..... but I remember the Doom Eternal trailer looking like everything I wanted out of the game, and then they put in all the ammo/armor confetti and kind of ruined the atmosphere......

let's hope this one is as it looks!!

Just now, Grungo said:

THEY GOT MARATHON SHOTGUN, GRUNGO LIKE

This does seem like a grungo-core game

On 5/25/2024 at 11:22 AM, oneselfSelf said:

I hope I can be proven wrong then, until then I won't think much of it

I'd like to take back what I said. I'm hype.

Looks like more Eternal. It is cool to see some of the classic enemies but “medieval” non-cyber versions. The last 10 seconds are the best, mech warfare and flying around look fun!

But it also looks like the Eternal playbook is here to stay, for better or for worse.

I loved Doom Eternal, except for the last boss of TAG2 and TAG2 in general was a bit weak compared to the rest but enough of that here. :)

Looks pretty epic and fun to me, time to clean up Argent D'Nur! :D

I would love to get my hands on those tree models, I hope an asset ripper becomes available for it once it releases

Posted (edited)

It looks fucking amazing.. I can't wait.

The way he spun that shield like it was a saw.. I think it gave me an erection.

Edited by Broadsword Jim

Guess the rumors were true. 

Here's my immediate reactions after having just watched the trailer once: awesome visual style with the medieval take on the weapons and enemies. Gameplay looks pretty rock-solid, and if they really plan on slowing it down from Eternal's pace, I'm personally all for it. In terms of the story and setting, it's a pretty ballsy move to switch it entirely away from Earth and Mars and pivot it to the worlds that have only been recently touched on in the series. I can totally understand it though---even if Earth and Mars have been central to the series since its inception, you don't want to just keep rehashing the same settings and stories, even if a sizeable chunk of your audience probably wants it. I can respect that.

Flying footage was kinda meh. I dunno, just not terribly interesting to me. But I'll have to wait and see when they reveal more of it.

All in all, I'm psyched and looking forward to seeing what sort of bold new direction they can take the series in. :D

5 minutes ago, Caffeine Freak said:

Guess the rumors were true. 

Here's my immediate reactions after having just watched the trailer once: awesome visual style with the medieval take on the weapons and enemies. Gameplay looks pretty rock-solid, and if they really plan on slowing it down from Eternal's pace, I'm personally all for it. In terms of the story and setting, it's a pretty ballsy move to switch it entirely away from Earth and Mars and pivot it to the worlds that have only been recently touched on in the series. I can totally understand it though---even if Earth and Mars have been central to the series since its inception, you don't want to just keep rehashing the same settings and stories, even if a sizeable chunk of your audience probably wants it. I can respect that.

Flying footage was kinda meh. I dunno, just not terribly interesting to me. But I'll have to wait and see when they reveal more of it.

All in all, I'm psyched and looking forward to seeing what sort of bold new direction they can take the series in. :D

I don't mind at all the new theme/direction it's taking. I think they mix it perfectly with Doom's known style. They don't overdue it here, not too much, but just enough to mesh with the original style well. Doing the same thing over and over again, it can work for the hardcore base of fans (us), but I think at some point things need to evolve. There definitely needs to be a balance though, don't become something you originally never were, but so far it looks like this game balances it well. I'm hyped for this.

Hope I don't eat my words lol, but I have faith in id. One of the only studios that has managed to not only earn, but also keep my trust, in an industry of greed, deception, and lackluster/broken content

This is not the game I was expecting. This is WAYYYYY BETTER than what I was expecting. I can't wait for it.

Posted (edited)

Looks nice and all, shit's cool especially dragon and mech but the movement seems underwhelming more like a serious sam game than doom, slower pace compared to eternal, I don't see meathook which was THE best addition and movement tool in eternal, lack of verticality. We have to wait for more trailers, so far I am looking forward to it but I am not blown away. Also I am worried about the music, obviously Mick is not working with Id anymore so music may be a let down.

Edited by Stoltzmann

How are they going to say "before he was a hero..." -- didn't this chapter of the Doomslayer's story happen after part 1, 2, and D64? Or am I misremembering?