[v1.2.0] DOOMIUM II: A Megawad Worth of Frantic Actions! [BOOM+UMAPINFO]

Posted (edited)

Congrats on the release! Glad to see @knifeworld stuck with Edwin van Veldhoven's "Green Orange" for MAP31/E1's secret map's music, although the one packaged with the WAD isn't the looping modified version I provided. :P

Edited by Enzo Carozza

The first Doomium was fantastic. Gonna be starting this one up right away.

Posted (edited)

Awesome news! glad to finally see it released! :) Hope everybody enjoys the maps! I know it was great fun working on my little contribution :D

Here's to Doomium III! 

Edited by dmh094

Posted (edited)
19 hours ago, fai1025 said:

image.png.b04083862fcd4510fff4879070592b80.png

-snippo-

Excellent! I enjoyed working on both my maps for this!
Although I think you forgot to mention me, and also @DankMetal who worked on MAP08, in the made possible by list.
As far as I know, the finished Map08 was still built on top of his work.

19 hours ago, Enzo Carozza said:

Congrats on the release! Glad to see @knifeworld stuck with Edwin van Veldhoven's "Green Orange" for MAP31/E1's secret map's music, although the one packaged with the WAD isn't the looping modified version I provided. :P

I was so busy with Doom projects and IRL stuff at the time, I think I gave both versions a listen briefly but forgot, sorry!
Just listened to both by slading it in.
I'm honestly happy with the other version at this point, even though I prefer the looping one.
There's less silence in your fixed version but there's a noticable click when it loops about 50% of the time.

Edited by knifeworld
forgot to snip the OP i quoted, auuugh

Cool to see this project finally being released! It's sad that i couldn't finish my map in time, maybe next time i will not suffer of a severe case of burnout (if there's ever a next time)

Also, i played map 8, which was started by me and later finished by @JackDBS, and i think it's a good level. However, it doesn't follow what i was going for, which is good! But now that i have motivation to mapping, can i make my own version of it?

10 minutes ago, DankMetal said:

Cool to see this project finally being released! It's sad that i couldn't finish my map in time, maybe next time i will not suffer of a severe case of burnout (if there's ever a next time)

Also, i played map 8, which was started by me and later finished by @JackDBS, and i think it's a good level. However, it doesn't follow what i was going for, which is good! But now that i have motivation to mapping, can i make my own version of it?

If you can do it in three days, sure. Because I want to upload it on Idgame three days after launch

25 minutes ago, fai1025 said:

If you can do it in three days, sure. Because I want to upload it on Idgame three days after launch

Oh, i actually wanted to upload it as a standalone map, but i will try to make it as fast as i can!

12 minutes ago, DankMetal said:

Oh, i actually wanted to upload it as a standalone map, but i will try to make it as fast as i can!

oh, if you want to upload it as a standalone map untie to the project then do it at your own pace, no rush

23 hours ago, DankMetal said:

Sorry about that. It was a bit of a quick fix because I had no idea what to do with it. I’d love to see how you were gonna do it.

Posted (edited)

Should mention that on MAP36, one linedef (4301) is W1 teleport. Theoretically it can be possible for a monster (or even their corpse) to teleport using this line instead of the player, but this softlocks since you need to enter the inner sector in that area to proceed. Normally it's not really practical for it to happen though.

EDIT: There's also a TON of monsters telefragging each other on MAP30. Intentional?

Edited by NuMetalManiak

1 hour ago, NuMetalManiak said:

Should mention that on MAP36, one linedef (4301) is W1 teleport. Theoretically it can be possible for a monster (or even their corpse) to teleport using this line instead of the player, but this softlocks since you need to enter the inner sector in that area to proceed. Normally it's not really practical for it to happen though.

EDIT: There's also a TON of monsters telefragging each other on MAP30. Intentional?

oof oh no, so erm the telefragging is NOT intentional, I thought fixed it, maybe I have to move the map

Posted (edited)

I had been putting off playing through the first installment for a while and this was a great excuse to finally dust it off. It had a handful of great maps but also a fair share of duds.

I then started the sequel. Beat the first episode, and this is definitely a notable improvement. Visuals are better, combat is better, everything is better. The secret map of e1 was cool too. The closer imo could use some work because atm it's just square rooms with enemies stuffed inside them, my least favourite map of the set so far.

Also, there's a funny imp in this closet that never teleports in https://prnt.sc/mfkOGSSptt_X

All the other scrolling floor closets work as intended. I will edit this post should I find any more bugs during my playthrough.

Edited by Firedust

2 hours ago, Firedust said:

I had been putting off playing through the first installment for a while and this was a great excuse to finally dust it off. It had a handful of great maps but also a fair share of duds.

I then started the sequel. Beat the first episode, and this is definitely a notable improvement. Visuals are better, combat is better, everything is better. The secret map of e1 was cool too. The closer imo could use some work because atm it's just square rooms with enemies stuffed inside them, my least favourite map of the set so far.

Also, there's a funny imp in this closet that never teleports in https://prnt.sc/mfkOGSSptt_X

All the other scrolling floor closets work as intended. I will edit this post should I find any more bugs during my playthrough.

I recognize the monster closet from my map. 

I never had this problem during playtest. 

Did this happen multiple time ? 

32 minutes ago, Beubeu said:

I recognize the monster closet from my map. 

I never had this problem during playtest. 

Did this happen multiple time ? 

Happens inconsistently, in both DSDA and GZDoom.

Im playing through this and enjoying it. I kind of have one gripe though. Between both threads and both text files I can not find any place where it lists all maps, names, numbers and authors all in one place. This thread only lists the mappers and its up to us to try to figure out who exactly did what. Kind of frustrating when I would like to perhaps comment about certian levels.

Posted (edited)

There is a credits map where all mappers are listed. But yeah, would've been nice.

Edit: for now, I think you can look up the names in the project's development thread.

Edited by Li'l devil

Yes I can look in that thread to connect map # with author but when I remember the name of the map that list is usless for figuring out the author. Similar situation with the text files. Just seems like a lot of un-needed leg work to figure things out when there IS a list for map #, midi name and midi creator. Why that wasnt combined for actual mapper and map name...? Like I said, just a little gripe.