Bluemont | DOOM 2 wad | GZdoom

Hey guys im back from my little break just wanna say that im making a new map called "Bluemont" im nearly finished with the first level 

(not really happy with the ending by i didnt know what to add after lol)

it's best played on UV. playing on any other difficulty would just result in an "easier" experience.

the map is nearly finished and i will make more maps if i feel like it.

enjoy the screenshots 

-Aimshows image.png.a7f21126ba850cc5da312630810aeed2.png

image.png.697d5a7084bef6ff3d1062c162fe15b8.png

image.png.0833a3af0546c3c7a262d4b7f12aa066.png

image.png.f385ec3c51f443a5509b87bdc7c16415.png

image.png.fb52a8cbbf3a784a89322347e22b445b.png

There's a treasure trove of basic map-making mistakes here:

- one ceiling height for the entire map

- one brightness for the entire map

- no vertical gameplay / floor height does not change much / weak variety of sector levels

- non-returnable locations

- repetitive wall-humping secrets

- repetitive type of traps
- square rooms
- excessive symmetry
- only implementing UV
- repetitive texture usage

I'm not saying that they all need to be followed, it depends on style and taste. Just my advice to make it better 🤗

20 hours ago, NenapoMinayuChtchiyasya said:

There's a treasure trove of basic map-making mistakes here:

- one ceiling height for the entire map

- one brightness for the entire map

- no vertical gameplay / floor height does not change much / weak variety of sector levels

- non-returnable locations

- repetitive wall-humping secrets

- repetitive type of traps
- square rooms
- excessive symmetry
- only implementing UV
- repetitive texture usage

I'm not saying that they all need to be followed, it depends on style and taste. Just my advice to make it better 🤗

yeah. i've been on a break for a while so im pretty rusty right now. im trying to make a challenging map. i also dont really know what textures to use that would be different from others. thanks for the comment. i'll be sure to follow the advise and improve for future maps :)

I think this map is fine. It's basic, but it works. I encountered no issues whatsoever.

Doors were unpegged, textures aligned and there was a good balance of combat vs gameplay flow. It has the foundation of what a map should be.

Now it's just a matter of adding details into it, if you want. Make it more memorable, add more encounters, change the music, etc.

I'll gladly play more in the future.

7 minutes ago, Zesiir said:

I think this map is fine. It's basic, but it works. I encountered no issues whatsoever.

Doors were unpegged, textures aligned and there was a good balance of combat vs gameplay flow. It has the foundation of what a map should be.

Now it's just a matter of adding details into it, if you want. Make it more memorable, add more encounters, change the music, etc.

I'll gladly play more in the future.

thanks. im making map 02. im gonna go back for the final copy and polish all of the maps when im finished i hope you enjoy :)