How to make a 2 way Teleporter in "GZDoom: Doom 2 (UDMF))"

fdai

Question

Recently, I've been trying to get a 2 way Teleporter to work on my Doom map with UDB. This has been a problem for a while, but I've only gotten around to doing it now. I have looked through countless tutorials, and just can't find one for my Map format. Can someone please send step-by-step instructions on how to make 2 way Teleporter in the map format "GZDoom: Doom 2 (UDMF)".

-fdai

2 answers to this question

Posted (edited)

I seriously doubt you've looked through countless tutorials.

Teleport lindefs only work when crossed from the front (the little tick mark on the line). On the linedef you want to teleport the player when they cross:

In the "Action" box, you want Action 70: Teleport

In the Target Sector Tag box, select the number of the tag you have in the sector you want to teleport to.
In the "Activation" box, check "Repeatable Action," "When player walks over," and "When monster walks over."

In the sector you want to teleport to:

Give this sector a tag.

Place a teleport destination Thing in the sector, facing the direction you want the player to be facing when they arrive.

Repeat the process on the other side, using a different Tag for the other sector. Player crosses a teleport line tagged to, say 13 and appears in the sector tagged 13. Player gets off, then enters the teleport they just left and crosses the teleport line tagged to, let's say, 14 and appears on the pad they first entered, which has been tagged 14.

Edited by Stabbey

Thanks for the help Stabby! I got it all figured out now. :-)