If Doom 2 happened in real life, would we win?

If the hellish invasion of Earth happened in real life, but with the Doom 2 monsters, would we be winning instead of being overrun? I mean if they went up against Islamic extremists who do not fear death, they would have quite a fight. But America has countless big guns like Barret rifles and large-bore elephant guns, so we would be set to win against the hellish hordes. Cybderdemons are bigger targets for mortars and large artillery. But is it a bleak or a positive thing to be invaded by brainless monsters that just keep charging ignoring the incoming fire?

How would this really go in different countries?

Put it this way.....we wouldn't be leaning on one green-armored badass to come in and clean their conveniently-located HQ out. 

Although I feel like we shouldn't quite assume they'd be as dumb as their game counterparts. All the same, if they had just the same tools as they did in the game, it's hard to see them with a serious chance at least in the US. We would probably win if it was even like 5 v 1 odds in most cases.

China might hand their ass to them but Russia would probably be screwed six ways to sunday depending on where exactly the portal is.

Anyways, we had been winning in TNT: Evilution before they came in on a reconnitored ship from an unexpected direction.

If we're talking classic Doom 2: Hell on Earth, then MAYBE we'd stand a chance. Former human types (zombiemen, shotgunners, chaingunners) wouldn't be so far out from standard human warfare. Hell, I'd go so far as to say that even imps wouldn't be too difficult from a grenade-throwing enemy. Even with the Arch-Vile's resurrection magic (which admittedly might turn the tides against humanity for a little bit), I feel if the world actually did get together, we'd stand a solid chance. Then again, it also is important to keep in mind the demons intelligence and adaptability -- I mean if cyberdemons, arachnotrons, revenants, and mancubai are able to exist with cobbled together organic and mechanical machinery, it implies they have to have some smarts SOMEWHERE, no?

Now if you mean something ala Doom: Eternal, then HA, absolutely not. Every corner of Earth  was screwed beyond repair, even the ending of that game showed so much devastation and a heavily crippled resistance team that was BARELY scraping by for even the slimmest shot of victory, which came by sheer luck in the form of the Slayer more or less enacting on a grudge against God itself. Since this is the real world we're talking about, and the chances of having a crazed brute of a man with a lust for blood are severely slim (to the best of my knowledge, anyways), humanity might actually be done for in this regard.

Oh and also pain elementals in both cases would be nasty in such a war, had this occured IRL. Nothing's scarier than a demon that doesn't have to abide by the law of only having 21 children anymore. Well, unless said demon was in a certain country or two but I digress-

That's sort of impossible to answer.

Do demons respawn in hell after death and return to the fight? If so, they can win simply by attrition.

Do we have the means to shut off their portals and trap them in hell forever? If so, we have a chance. I think it's plausible in the Doom universe although they somehow seem to influence people into opening a portal on several occasions.

Posted (edited)

If "demons from Hell," who are actually a primordial extraterrestrial species and the creators of everything we know, were to reveal themselves, they would not only disrupt society by threatening and exposing the truth of life but also make it nearly impossible for humanity to unite because people will ALWAYS find something to fight about no matter what proof is in front of them. The revelation that these "demons" are an extraterrestrial species, mistakenly labeled as evil spirits, would suggest they have existed since the dawn of Earth. Consequently, much of what we have created would not exist without their influence on our world. They possess knowledge of every human weakness, the advantages and disadvantages of every weapon, and the materials of every earthly object. Nothing we could do would be able to stop such a formidable force, and we would face extinction as these "demons" move on to their next conquest. However, if the "aliens" we refer to as the demons from the Bible are indeed the ones from the book, that would mean they would lose in the end, and the Doomslayer would save us all!

Basically if there wasn't a Doomslayer then no. But there is. >:)

Edited by Dubbag

Hmm, when we look at it, monsters can setup traps and embush in Doom, plus they know how to use the Earth technology to create cybernetic demons and maybe more (also they won't appear at only one point, but everywhere, so nukes are pretty much useless if we want to have a habitable planet.

And even worse, they can warp their Hell-reality on Earth, to transform our environment in lava landscape, which is pretty bad... oh and we need to understand how people are transformed by Hell to become zombies, because otherwise, every soldier will become a demonic threat.

If Earth unifies and react immidiatly to the monster invasion, we may have some chance compared to the number of demon seen in Doom 2, it's not that bad!

AND if, to stop the invasion, we just need to break a wall texture or activat a big switch, it would be easy

Posted (edited)

Idk man let me ask the indomitable human spirit

Edit: The indomitable human spirit says yes

Edited by WASFDDDDD

I mean if military helped, I would say it isn't very hard to repell the demons, I mean we been fighting ourselves for like forever, I wouldn't think even a large waves of brainless hoards of monster could win a company with Heavy machine guns, grenade launchers, high explosives, tank, and backed with artillary, drones, airsupports.

I'm no military expert but I don't think it would that hopeless for humanity if this thing does happend 

3 hours ago, neubejiita said:

If the hellish invasion of Earth happened in real life, but with the Doom 2 monsters, would we be winning instead of being overrun?

Depends. Are you going with the game-mechanical implementation of the Doom II monsters, or the "lore" version?

Mechanically, they're very very stupid and they lack in long-range attack possibilities. Their projectiles are rather slow, and even their hitscan attacks have a distance cap of 2048 units, which is like about 50 meters IRL. That's a ridiculously low range for a firearm.

Most of what makes them dangerous is not in the monsters' own mechanics, but in the level design. Like teleport ambushes when you cross a line. The monsters can't teleport by themselves after all. But in your invasion scenario, they wouldn't be fought in a designed level, they'd fight in the real world where there's no teleporters and no linedefs.

The lore version, well, the lore version is that they overran the Earth just before Doom II, so obviously they'd be able to, since by definition they did.

One thing I know for sure is that there probably wouldn't be automatically reloading weapons, ammo, instant-heal medkits and armor scattered everywhere 🤷‍♂️

the entire combined military might of earth getting to map 5 then falling in love with the first hell knight

17 minutes ago, Geniraul said:

One thing I know for sure is that there probably wouldn't be automatically reloading weapons, ammo, instant-heal medkits and armor scattered everywhere 🤷‍♂️

...you don't know that. maybe there will be.

Posted (edited)

I think even if we win after a lengthy hard battle, the aftermath will be devastating for sure, much that it will take long time to heal. Imagine if an Icon of Sin like the one from Brutal Doom Extermination Day appear on earth, how much it can damage.

Edited by Yousuf Anik

1 hour ago, Doom-X-Machina said:

Depends who's calling the shots.

If it's America, we lose.
If it's the EU, we win.

Quality bait.

"america would win because we have bigger weapons"

OK not to sentence this thread to oblivion, but this principle has never worked out in real life so why would it work on demons.

Anyway. Demons would win because 70% of them can be infinitely revived, and 64% of them can be infinitely manufactured by the demons' convenient wall skull thing.

Posted (edited)

The real question is when the demonic invasion would happen. The godemperor Elon (praised be) promised mars cargo ships next year (2025) now that SpaceX is already set up on the moon, oh wait

Spoiler

SpaceX+Starship+timeline+%25282021.06%25

Edited by Sneezy McGlassFace

Posted (edited)

I'm fine.

1. The demon horde approaches my position, England
  2. Setting foot upon her his Majesty's grand fortress, the demons realise something is wrong
  3. The demons realise this island is of little value and nothing good is here
  4. They leave
  5. England wins by default

Didn't even need to use my state sanctioned fully licenced butter knife.

Edited by mrthejoshmon

^teehee

we despoiled everything ahead of time! look, we poured sewage into the rivers on purpose! we set fire to the moors all the time already

6 minutes ago, yakfak said:

^teehee

we despoiled everything ahead of time! look, we poured sewage into the rivers on purpose! we set fire to the moors all the time already

Now I've got a mental image of a butter-fingered pinkie frantically trying to free a sea turtle from a six-pack ring, "Jeez, we came from Hell to ruin everything, but you guys have just taken it too far!"

Posted (edited)
47 minutes ago, Sneezy McGlassFace said:

The real question is when the demonic invasion would happen. The godemperor Elon (praised be) promised mars cargo ships next year (2025) now that SpaceX is already set up on the moon, oh wait

Hide contents

SpaceX+Starship+timeline+%25282021.06%25

Actually he promised (in 2017) cargo ships in 2022, and a manned mission in 2024.

So far, the Starship has achieved to nearly-but-not-quite reach LEO while empty.

Also the guy who was bankrolling the "dearMoon" mission has canceled it, for some reason.

I'll wait for when the full-self-driving Tesla roadster will travel along the hyperloop between Earth and Mars, personally. It'll be ready any day now, I'm sure.

Edited by Gez

Posted (edited)

Heh... don't worry rookie, I'll take them all on and win heh don't even worry about it. Just sit at home "gaming" I'll get down to business cracking heads. Yeah, I'm one of the few people (perhaps the ONLY person) on this god-foresaken rock with the skillset to grill a couple of demonic dweebs. I look the devil directly in the eyes and I say "bring it on" because I know they're scared they don't want to mess with me. Just give me a walkman and a Metalallica tape and I'll have them crying for their mommas. And after I win I'll run this shit because I've got what it takes unlike those clowns in congress.

Edited by Egg Boy