[Community Project] Second Mix! Combine your favorite classic maps! (6 Slots Open)

Will the amount of map slots be expanded if you hit the limit? This project sounds really cool but idk if I want to commit to it right now . . . My idea is E1M2 and Go 2 It

18 minutes ago, Djoga said:

I wanna make the MAP20 and E4M6 fusion

@Djoga Are you committing to a slot? If so please choose a map slot you'd like to take out of the 32 so I can put it on the list.

12 minutes ago, NiGHTS108 said:

Will the amount of map slots be expanded if you hit the limit? This project sounds really cool but idk if I want to commit to it right now . . . My idea is E1M2 and Go 2 It

Possibly, but I am a fan of 32 map sets even though it's arbitrary these days. We can always start more CPs!

Also just a friendly reminder please use the claiming format above so I know you want to commit to your entry :)

2 minutes ago, Cutman said:

Are you committing to a slot? If so please choose a map slot you'd like to take out of the 32 so I can put it on the list.

Slot 16

Posted (edited)

am having choice paralysis trying to think of what kind of combination I want, I am in a TNT mood, but I'm just having trouble thinking 

I think I'll need someone to help me come to a choice, there's just too many choices

Edited by Mystic 256

Is there a deadline or are we just going until we finish? Because this seems like a pretty fun project, but I'm not gonna join if there's gonna be a ton of pressure

I'd like to do a fusion of Underhalls from Doom 2 and Congo from Plutonia, and the slot doesn't really matter to me, but I'll pick slot 5 just because

32 minutes ago, NiGHTS108 said:

better idea: lv01 and go2it

Posted (edited)
10 minutes ago, Ravendesk said:

lv01 and go2it

Actually

That's not even a bad idea, I think I could do some Funny Shenanigans with that

Edited by NiGHTS108

Dammit, one more community project couldn't hurt... I'd like to take TNT MAP19 and Doom E2M2. Slot can be MAP19 for now

Posted (edited)

@Cutman
First map choice: TNT Map16
Second map choice: Ultimate Doom E3M5
Desired map slot: Map16, or any slot after Map15 and before Map20

Edited by Gothic

Posted (edited)

Oooooo, I like this idea a lot!

@Cutman

First Map: Doom E1M7

Second Map: Plutonia MAP05
Desired Slot: MAP08

Edited by SirPootis

4 minutes ago, Plerb said:

Dammit, one more community project couldn't hurt... I'd like to take TNT MAP19 and Doom E2M2. Slot can be MAP19 for now

awww now im gonna have to think of something else

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, NiGHTS108 said:

Update, could I have MAP29? I hope I'll be able to do something in three weeks . . . My maps are Entryway and Go 2 It (working map title: "G2 Two 2t II")

@Cutman
First map choice: Entryway
Second map choice: Go 2 It
Desired map slot: MAP29

Edited by NiGHTS108

Just now, Mystic 256 said:

awww now im gonna have to think of something else

Well we could make it together! :D (if you're ok just working through doomworld pm's that is, i don't use discord or anything like that)

Just now, Plerb said:

Well we could make it together! :D (if you're ok just working through doomworld pm's that is, i don't use discord or anything like that)

aa, I'm ok with that, is it allowed in this project?

@Mystic 256 It looks like it!

1 hour ago, Cutman said:

You may collaborate with others. Please let me know when this is decided and who you are collaborating with.

I'd like to try to mix MAP07: Dead simple with E3M6: Mt. Erebus, and put it into MAP07 slot. I think I have a decent idea that would work for the two.

When you said "Must provide secret exit" - you meant MAP15, right? Not that I need to carry one over from Erebus?

Posted (edited)

Since dude here took map02 i would like take map03.

First map choice: E1M1 from Doom 1
Second map choice: MAP01 from Doom 2
Desired map slot: MAP03

Edited by Meyland12

4 minutes ago, ViolentBeetle said:

I'd like to try to mix MAP07: Dead simple with E3M6: Mt. Erebus, and put it into MAP07 slot. I think I have a decent idea that would work for the two.

When you said "Must provide secret exit" - you meant MAP15, right? Not that I need to carry one over from Erebus?

Yeah, whoever gets slot MAP15.

36 minutes ago, WASFDDDDD said:

Is there a deadline or are we just going until we finish? Because this seems like a pretty fun project, but I'm not gonna join if there's gonna be a ton of pressure

I'd like to do a fusion of Underhalls from Doom 2 and Congo from Plutonia, and the slot doesn't really matter to me, but I'll pick slot 5 just because

No hard deadline decided yet, we'll figure that out as the slots fill up!

Thanks for the interest so far! Will update the post/sheet soon.

Posted (edited)

hmmm. will there be any form of quality control in this? you're much more experienced than most cp managers (seemingly a rarity these days), though i'm still cautious.

Edited by roadworx

HELL YEAH, LET'S GO FOR ANOTHER ONE!!!1!1111!

Question, do console exclusive maps count? There's a lot of potential in some maps from PSX and Jaguar, or someone who's crazy enough could make a Sewers + Betray map. If they're not allowed, that's fine.

I will keep an eye on this project, i may or may not pick a slot in the future.

Posted (edited)

Looks very promising and interesting.

If I manage to make a map for RAMP and one secret project soon enough and if there'll still be open slots - I would like to participate then.

Otherwise, well, I may play it in the future, when it'll release, that's a very interesting map set, :P 

Edited by Async Unicorn

Posted (edited)
29 minutes ago, Cutman said:

Yeah, whoever gets slot MAP15.

Works for me. I will need MAP07 tags though. In case you want specific declaration:
First map: E3M6 (Ultimate Doom)
Second map MAP07 (DOOM2)

Desired slot: MAP07

Edited by ViolentBeetle

Posted (edited)

How much liberty am I supposed to take? My plan right now is to basically take the kind of island seen on Erebus with the kind of building design present, but will probably map with more modern sensibilities.

And I don't want to have the water pit and maybe lose some buildings that don't fit.

Edited by ViolentBeetle

Posted (edited)

What a cool proj indeed! Just let me take participation.

First Map:  Map01 : Congo (Plutonia)

Second Map:  E3M9: Warrens (Doom)
Desired Slot: MAP04

Yeah, as you see I wish to try some of Casalis style on Sandy's level

Edited by mr-around