What are you playing now?

Katamori

Epic 2. First 5 maps are over with and none of them are big yet but once again I admire Eternal's thought and care that he applies to his craft.

Plowing through various 90s era megawads to get them 'out of the way'. Consistently enjoying myself more than I do in a lot of modern stuff, monster density is lower, traps arent as obvious, progression is rarely either cryptic or superlinear. Feels like weve 'lost something' in the timespan between.

has anybody ever played the doomworld mega project 2015? level 21 has two exits but i haven't been able to reach the second one, it requires finding 4 eyes in the level and activate them to raise bars that block the access to it but i've only been able to reach 3 of those, the one tucked away in the eastern part of the map seems to require (from what i've experienced when cheating using no clip) pressing a button that seems to become inaccessible (the wall in front of it lowers down) once you cross a certain line that also opens all the black doors that block access to many areas of the level (again it's information i gathered from using no clip cheat), and i haven't been able to figure out how to reach the area where the button is located without crossing the line that opens all of those black doors, so i'm not sure how to approach this and have been regularly thinking about it for quite a while . . . if anybody knows anything about this, i would be glad to discuss it!! by the way, if you play on hard difficulty it's possible to use arch-vile jumps to reach this eye, but i'm hopping there is another more concrete solution

Posted (edited)

On and off I've been playing REKKR, the TC from 2018 as I wanted something different to play.

I've also been playing Serenity from 1994 as I really like that whole trilogy. I'll play the sequel's after.

So quite a difference in game play.

Also yes I am playing these on UV but not pistol start.

Edited by CyberDreams
Add more

15 hours ago, EvilSqueegee said:

I just started Bloom, which I'm thoroughly enjoying!

Bloom is great! So much love in that project. :)

Eviternity II is so good wtf I just hit the first secret level. This wad makes me want to find all the secrets, a rarity in megawads.

Just started Hell's Bane by Chris Hansen.   It's kind of like visiting an old friend who has a vicious sense of humor.  (I mean this in the best way possible Chris).  Looking forward to the rest of it as I'm currently in the first episode.

Come follow our let's play series through Skyrim latest episode available now this is what we're working on

Just finished the fifth secret map "Parallel" in Eviternity II. Can't believe there's only nine maps left already. @Dragonfly EV3 when???

Spoiler

Btw positively knocked it out of the park with this one, it's just one banger map after another!

Finished EV2, @ukiro were you goin' thru some shit at the time buddy? Kenosis was uh...that was some Passion of the Christ shit on the player there at times. This WAD was hands down top ten anime comebacks of all time, it's insane how much it lives up to its name as a sequel through and through, and it makes me very excited for the future of Doom with the capabilities provided to mappers via MBF21.

Think I'll "go back to basics" next with a very long overdue revisit of Realm of Chaos so I can play its updated version and compare.

We are now entering the Companion Guild on our 100% run through of The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim.  Make sure to follow along on the journey with us it has it's own playlists just like our DooM Guides.

I just finished Smedley by TimeofDeath. I played it separately from the Megawad it is in, Eternal Slumber Party.

I have been working my way through Disorder by Nefelibeta.

Also working my way through Hell's Bane by Chris Hansen.

Posted (edited)

My list of all Megawads played and completed. Only finally made the plunge 2 years ago

1.Doom Zero

2.Eviternity

3.Memento Mori

4.Memento Mori 2

5.Sigil

6.Valiant

7.THT Threnody

8.Heartland

9.Struggle: Antaresian Legacy

10.Eviternity 2

11.Elementalism

12.Hell Revealed

EDIT:13.Forgot about Scythe 1

14.Scythe 2

15.Antaresian Reliquary

Also started Perdition's Gate, Sunlust and Lost Civilization, will finish one day.

16.Now playing TNT Revilution

Naturally TNT Devilution will be next.

EDIT: It wasn't. Taken a detour on John Bye's Talosian Incident out of curiosity.

Edited by RICHIE B

This summer I'll play all those classics I've meant to play for a long time, like Memento Mori and such. The past weeks I've mainly just strolled in a map consisting of two rooms (origwad).

8 hours ago, slowfade said:

This summer I'll play all those classics I've meant to play for a long time, like Memento Mori and such. The past weeks I've mainly just strolled in a map consisting of two rooms (origwad).

IMO Memento Mori is a classic, very up and down in quality but has character.

Memento Mori 2 is far more polished and more difficult but also far less memorable without 10/10 standouts.

Hell Revealed is garbage imo, not so much difficult as utterly tedious, shotgunning barons etc. Doubt I'll play it again.

I'm actually playing through Scythe right now, thought I would give it a shot, pretty fun, I only started today and I'm up to MAP17. I'm also playing it on Ultra Violence for obvious reasons.

I played it before Scythe 2 but totally forgot to add it to my list, which doesn't say much for it. Deserves much better than to be forgotten though. Erik Alm was great for setting the standard but he's such a ridiculous troll at times too.

Always looked forward to playing Map 28 Run From It, but when I did I thought it was garbage. Great idea though.

Map 31 in II is beyond a joke. 14sec is the best I can do when 11-11.5sec is required. So I just beat the enemies then clip thru the door when done. It's just too difficult for getting to map 32, I don't have that much time or patience. I also clip into the well in Map29 most of the time.

Playing Hell_Pit by Use3d.   The level is kicking my ass but I'm enjoying it, visually it hits that classic Doom vibe perfectly for me.  Had a good laugh at his additional credits comment, so true.

I'm on WARRIOR, just reached MAP06. God help me. You need the patience of a monk to endure the author's slow elevator fetish and the amount of backtracking for even the most mundane progression. Some cool looking areas though, but I'd recommend against playing this wad "straight"; just use a gameplay mod. The Perforator from Eviternity II is doing wonders in saving time with some of the hordes.

I'm also on the last level of Epic so I should probably do that today so I can start Epic 2, which I'm looking forward to since its long overdue for a playthrough.

Just finally finished my playthrough of Scythe 2 on UV for the first time - Was quite a bit of fun.

The last few maps were definitely a challenge. Map 27, which is where my HMP run ended a long time ago, wasn't quite as bad as I thought. Some tricky fights, but I managed to eventually slog through. Map 28 was a surprising ammo shortage (Might have also been me with some very wild BFG shots) but not too bad. Map 29 was very tricky, I don't know that I'd have been able to finish it if I wasn't playing continuous. Map 30 was a lot of fun, played it slow to start (Letting the Afrits infight with everything before I made a sound) then absolutely blasted my way through. Very enjoyable.

I'm now onto Eviternity II, just finished map07. Playing on UV and pistol starting each map, the maps have all been amazing looking and the new enemy roster has some very big surprises in it.

Reached MAP20 of Epic 2 recently, a fantastic wad by all accounts, did ten levels in a day recently because I was so hooked.

A bit of 32 Hours in Pain, Scythe and some old forgotten 90s oneman megawad called 'Hell in Hell'.

Two things. Finished a crappy map i believe was submitted to decino called xxl.wad or something, then finally I'll be starting both the first Trick and Tear and No End in Sight Episode 3. The latter is strange because I'm not 100 percent certain of why it's so highly regarded quite yet but I have seen a few hints of something more complex at least!