Post a picture of yourself!

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/25/2021 at 4:41 AM, leejacksonaudio said:

Jon St. John and me at this past weekend's RetroPalooza con in Arlington, TX, Sunday, October 24th:

JonStJohnAndMe_RetroPalooza2021b.jpg

Woah. Mr. St. John seems like a nice guy, bet that was fun!

• 4 weeks later...

I decided to take some hashtag goofy selfies of me in The Basement (absolutely horrendous cropping). Left Kinetic looks like he's having a good time, idek what right Kinetic is doing, he looks a little cheezed at something

doom109.png

You're kidding me, this thread still exists?! 

I don't even remember the photo I supposedly shared in the first post...

Anyways:

U1KGsZk.jpg

Me, over a decade later, on the right. I love conventions and I have a great cosplayer friend, and even over a decade later, I have terrible ideas for supposedly great photos.

Edited by Katamori

• 2 weeks later...
10 hours ago, BluePineapple72 said:

IMG_9714.jpg

Whoa, I thought you'd be a pineapple, not some bananas and apples. Also, watch out, there's a sinister looking human behind you.

On 8/30/2021 at 2:10 AM, Murdoch said:

First time i was able to run with my dogs in a while due to Forest having a foot problem. I think he's happy to be running again.

20210830_172728.jpg

I guess I missed this picture somehow. But that's a nice looking pupper you've got there. Reminds me of my cousin Baxter (I'll call him a cousin, because he's a member of my Aunt and Uncle's family), he's a Boxer-Shepherd mix. I saw him today for the first time in two years. I rang the doorbell, and all I heard was his air-raid siren level barking. I opened the door, and as soon as he saw me, he went into "OMG I love you, I'm so happy to see you!" mode. Tail wagging and all that. I see him maybe twice a year at best, last year I didn't see him at all, but he still remembers me. 

Sweet little doggo. Although he's not little, he weighs around 110 pounds, and has a bark that makes your ears hurt, and his body is pretty much entirely muscle. But he's a sweetheart once he trusts you. I met him when he was just a puppy, so he seems to have developed a lifelong affinity to me. Just have to protect your crotch if you're sitting down and he decides he wants some head scratchies. It feels like his head is about 20 pounds, and he'll just plop it down and look up at you with his big brown eyes. He's also very protective of his family, and I would hate to run into him if I was breaking into their house, but he is just such a relaxed and caring dog towards anyone that he knows and trusts. I love that dog.

1 hour ago, Jello said:

. I opened the door, and as soon as he saw me, he went into "OMG I love you, I'm so happy to see you!" mode. Tail wagging and all that. I see him maybe twice a year at best, last year I didn't see him at all, but he still remembers me

Most dogs will remember if they're good natured as most are. Also, they know when you like them. Dogs known a chump when they see one. Sometimes I go to customer's places to do computer work and they try to get their dogs to go away, and I tell them to leave them. I have done entire jobs with people's dogs in my lap. I love dogs, and seeing them get hurt even when I know it's not real affects me badly. Still bitter about Keanu's dog in John Wick, and every game designer who has made them enemies in games can get fucked.

Smell is a big part of their memory. My Grandfather passed away back in 2010. His partner still has the little Jack Russell they had. I liked him well enough as i do most dogs but wouldn't say i was super close to him. Yet first time i saw him a few years after my Grandfather died he made a noise i can only describe as crying, and was crazy excited to see me. Even as he got older and went blind and deaf (she seriously needs to put the poor thing down) he still has a reaction to me. I couldn't help but wonder if on some level i smell like my Grandfather, and that's what he was reacting too more than being excited to see me specifically. The reaction just didn't make sense otherwise.

1 hour ago, Jello said:

He's also very protective of his family

I have actually been attacked once by a dog, and narrowly avoided it on two other occasions. First was my own dumb fault. I was about 4 and ignored my Dad's warning to avoid a grumpy dog he was looking after while he was eating. Got an artificial tear duct to this day thanks to that little error in judgement. Another time, I was walking to school when this staffie jumped out of a parked car and began giving me the intense stalk and stare routine. I was 15 or 16 at the time and had been around enough dogs to know I was in deep shit. Enter Bear.

Bear was a dog who lived in the house we were outside of. Almost every time I walked past, he would come out of his spot on the verandah and say hello. Mixed breed dog, absolutely lovely nature. He trotted out of his spot and calmly sat down beside me as if to say "Just fucking try it pal." Honestly, the staffie would have massacred him. Yet he was still brave enough to come out and save me, just because I was kind to him. The other dog backed off and I was able to get away.

You do get the occasional dog who due to either a medical issue or bad training and/or upbringing is a danger. But the overwhelming majority of them are just furry four-legged bundles of unquestioning love, loyalty and in many cases - straight up heroism. There's three types people in this world - those who have yet to meet a dog for one reason or another, those who think they rule... and those who are wrong.

Edited by Murdoch

• 1 month later...
9 hours ago, BluePineapple72 said:

IMG_0393.jpg

Someone plz make a monster sprite from this.

Oh, shit, did I just break the first rule? I should have have checked page 1 before posting... oh well.

Edited by aletheos eberlain

It's shit like this that reminds me that we aren't just blips on a screen, but real people with real lives and faces. It's surreal, but beautiful seeing the boys for real. Excuse the hair, it was tied back and I couldn't be fucked to do it lol

image.png.27a6c86d1825c752301d397a1b19056d.png

Edited by Sr_Ludicolo

6 hours ago, Sr_Ludicolo said:

It's shit like this that reminds me that we aren't just blips on a screen

Yes it is a bit like that. Always interesting to see the face behind the words.