Ultimate Doom demos [-complevel 3]

5 minutes ago, Billy2090 said:

e1m1-0001-00022.zip

Hi guys this is my first ever published demo and I'm really happy.

Hey there Billy cool demo and welcome to the Speed Demos section of the forum! nice and clean! just a couple things, you haven't included a .txt in the zip file generally this just has some key info about the run, here's an example of the kind of info usually found in the txt:

Spoiler

Iwad:    
Map:
Skill:     
Category:  
Exe:      
Time:      
Video Link: 
Author: 
Notes:

Secondly Non WR runs are usually posted here: 

Hope to see more from you!

35 minutes ago, Womp the Cat said:

Hey there Billy cool demo and welcome to the Speed Demos section of the forum! nice and clean! just a couple things, you haven't included a .txt in the zip file generally this just has some key info about the run, here's an example of the kind of info usually found in the txt:

Reveal hidden contents

Iwad:    
Map:
Skill:     
Category:  
Exe:      
Time:      
Video Link: 
Author: 
Notes:

Secondly Non WR runs are usually posted here: 

Hope to see more from you!

e1m1-0001-00022.zip

Would this be better?

Btw thank you for your support!

Edited by Billy2090

• 3 weeks later...

Wow, a new E1M1 second barrier broken! Now that is a prestigious record, congrats!

• 2 weeks later...

E3M3 stroller 43.86

e3m3str43.zip

FINALLY. Here's my stroller record of E3M3 in 43.86. It put a damn good fight, I can tell you... This is attempt 12547. During my attempts I got three other world records but all on the 44 territory. On attempt 2128 I got a freakishly good run that clocked 44.09. So I knew I could get 43 soon! (This was exactly two months ago, September 15...) Then I started experimenting with some new setups for the blue door. I got two slower times on attempts 2528 and 4174. When my attempts reached about 8000, I decided to re-evaluate my strategies. Then on 8402 I got 44.00, which was both enraging (really, I couldn't be 0.01 faster?) and encouraging (I had reached the exit only twice after 2128, and had just had about 4000 exitless attempts). So yeah, then I really started to grind. I got a 44.37 (wr by 0.03 seconds) at some point but mostly I just died at the blue door or got slower times if I reached the exit. Finally I got 43.86 on attempt 12547. Felt great to open DosBox and play the demo in the original exe.

So yeah, this map was not so easy... I reached the exit a total of 14 times. A couple of times I was bombarded by fireballs just after opening the exit door. Once I got hit just before the exit and my corpse slid into the exit -- too bad that wasn't the winning run!

Next I'm running something without a final room filled with monsters. Can't take this kind of map again too soon.

Edited by slowfade